Gold Bond Gold Bond Ultimate Sanitizer Moist Chattem

Gold Bond Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer

Mar 3, 2010

Pros:A lotion instead of a gel, moisturizes and softens hands

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A great hand lotion and germ killer in one.  What more could I ask for?

When companies spend the money to advertise and send out free samples to consumers, there is definitely a method to their madness.  Case in point is a product called Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer.

I received a free sample from an online website and was so impressed I went out and purchased a tube of it, using the 55 cent coupon, at my local Walmart store.  The size they carried does not look like the picture here at Epinions, it is a smaller tube.

Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer comes in a 2.7 ounce tube, and looks like many other hand lotions on the market.  It rests on a gold cap with a flip top lid, so gravity helps you to eek out the last drop of lotion.

When I first tried this product, I was taken back by what I experienced.  All of the antibacterial hand sanitizers that I have used this winter have been in the form of a clear gel, but the Gold Bond version is a white colored lotion, of medium thickness, and with a nice rich feel.

Gold Bond claims that this kills 99.99% of germs, yet it uses no alcohol, so it is not drying to the hands.  It also claims to have seven different moisturizing ingredients and five "essential" vitamins.  The tube also advertises that it has a "fresh clean scent".  Last, the company tag line seems to be "Kills germs.  Loves your hands".

If you have read many of my hand lotion reviews, you probably know that I detest lotions that leave the hands greasy.  I want the product to absorb quickly into my skin, without feeling I have to wipe excess oil onto a tissue or paper towel.  Gold Bond really surprised me by being a wonderful hand lotion!  It does exactly what I want, leaving my hands soft and moisturized and sanitized at the same time.  Why didn't someone think of this sooner?  What a great idea.

Scents bother me from time to time, and I don't like strong scented lotions, especially ones that are heavily floral scented.  Again, Gold Bond lives up to it's claims, this really does smell fresh and clean.  If I had to compare the scent to another product, I guess what comes to mind is Ivory Soap.  It is very mild, only slightly sweet, and not at all offensive.

I have used two or three different sanitizing products this winter, they are all over the place (at my Dr.'s office, in my Curves gym, etc), and the Gold Bond has been the nicest that I have used.  It costs a little more than hand sanitizers, but in comparison to a hand lotion, it is right in the same ball park.

Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer uses benzethonium chloride as the active ingredient, which has antimicrobial properties.  It also contains natural and healing ingredients like glycerine, jojoba, aloe, vitamin E, shea butter extract, vitamin C, and chamomile.

Some hand lotions give my hands a comforting feeling for hours, and some only last as few as 30 minutes.  The Gold Bond product has long lasting moisturizing properties, and is a pleasure to use.  If you are looking for a good alcohol free hand sanitizer, one that will also double as a moisturizing hand lotion, this product should definitely be on your "to buy" list.  Now that I have experienced it, I would buy it again for it's moisturizing properties alone, but get the added benefit of a sanitizer in the process.  A win win situation.

This retails for $3.99.

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort with Aloe Body Powder, 10 oz

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort with Aloe Body Powder, 10 oz

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort with Aloe Body Powder is specially formulated to provide the ultimate in freshness, odor protection and moisture control. G...

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder 10 Oz - 12 Pack Case

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder 10 Oz - 12 Pack Case

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder 10 oz - 12 Pack CASE Gold Bond Ultimate goes beyond ordinary body powders because it is enriched with Aloe and ...

Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion - 13 Oz.

Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion - 13 Oz.

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion - 13 oz. Say goodbye to dull skin! The Gold Bond Ultimate restoring...

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder  10 oz

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder 10 oz

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder
American Drug Supply Store

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder with Aloe - 10 oz
Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion - 13 oz.

Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion - 13 oz.

Find bath and body skincare at Target.com! Say goodbye to dull skin! The gold bond ultimate restoring lotion contains coq10 that helps restore deplete...

(2) Gold Bond Ultimate Deep Moisture Body Wash Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free

(2) Gold Bond Ultimate Deep Moisture Body Wash Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free

(2) Gold Bond Ultimate Deep Moisture Body Wash SENSITIVE SKIN Fragrance Free For Sensitive Skin That Looks and Feels Noticeably Healthier Gold Bond Ul...
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Foot Therapy Cream, 4 oz by Gold Bond

Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Foot Therapy Cream, 4 oz by Gold Bond

For Dry Rough & Cracked HeelsVitamin A C & E
Herbspro.com

American Drug Supply Store
Gold Bond Lotion + Hand Cream Ultimate Value Pack

Gold Bond Lotion + Hand Cream Ultimate Value Pack

Gold Bond Lotion + Hand Cream Ultimate Value Pack. Contains: 2-16.8oz Body Lotions, 1-3.0oz Hand Cream.