Chicco KeyFit 30 - Adventure Infant Car Seat Reviews

Chicco KeyFit 30 - Adventure Infant Car Seat

Worth the investment

Mar 30, 2011

Pros:Don't have to wake baby to take them out of the car.

Cons:Heavy

The Bottom Line: Glad I got this item. The quality is worth the price.

According to Chicco's website their car seat rated #1 in America. Rated by who I'm not sure, but I have to agree.
The details:
*fits newborn to 30 lbs
*side-impact protection
*comes with insert for newborn which can be removed as your baby grows (many times you have to buy this separate from the car seat.)
*level on the side so you know you have it installed correctly.
*Straps are extremely easy to adjusts. There is a button on the car seat (near baby's feet) that you push in to make the straps bigger. Simply pull the cord to adjust smaller.
*comfortable seat with nice, soft cushiony material

I highly recommend this travel system. I love the key fit convenience with the bases. My husband and I each had a base in our car which made it easy to transfer the seat from car to car, although to be honest it is also extremely easy to put into the car even without the base. Love the sun visor option. It can be moved from front to back depending on where the sun is coming from. The seat also easily locks in to the stroller.  No need to wake up the baby by taking it out of the car seat once you get to the store. Just take out the whole seat and stick it in the stroller. What a relief for a new first time mom! Barely any down sides to the system.  Although the travel system can seem expensive, several people can go together to purchase it for a shower gift. Trust me, this is one of the best baby shower gifts you could give.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Type: Infant, Rear Facing, With 5-Point Safety Harness, Recommended for Birth - 1 Year children, Weight Limit 4 - 30 lbs., Height Limit Up to 33 In.