Children's Tylenol Meltaways (Bubble Gum Burst, Grape Punch) Reviews

Children's Tylenol Meltaways (Bubble Gum Burst, Grape Punch)

Children's Tylenol that will melt in your mouth!

Oct 7, 2005 (Updated Oct 7, 2005)

Pros:Taste GREAT, melts quickly, and its chewable!

Cons:Children under 2 have to ask a doctor before use.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend Children's Tylenol Meltaways because for one, they are chewable and they taste GREAT! They works fast and really reduces a fever.

My daughter had a 102.0 fever one day so I went to the local store to get her some medicine since we ran out of the Motrin I had for her in the cabinet. I called her doctor to see if I could bring her in but the nurse told me the doctor was out that day so I would have to wait until tomorrow. Since my daughter's temperature was so high that day, I did not want to wait until the next day to get her feeling better and to get her temperature down so I went out to get her some medicine myself.

Trinity never likes to take medicine because of how it taste. I would always have to make her take the liquid kind. It did not matter what kind of flavor the medicine was, she never liked to take it.

When I got to the store and found the medicine isle, I started to look at each brand of medicine. I wanted to find something that would be better for a fever and something that would have a good taste to it. I usually would buy Motrin because it would always work good on Trinity and Motrin medicine usually tasted better than most of the other children's medicine. Anyway, while I was looking at the medicine, I came across a white box that said, Children's Tylenol Meltaways. I have never seen this medicine before so I knew it had to be a new kind. I was interested in knowing more about this new kind of Tylenol so I picked up the box to read about it. It said that it would help reduce fever and relieve pain. That is exactly what I needed for Trinity, something that would reduce her fever and help her feel better. Not to mention, it was cheaper than what I would normally buy her and it was not a liquid medicine. I was very happy that they finally came out with a medicine for children that was not liquid so I decided to buy it and give it a try.

When I got home with the new Tylenol Meltaways that is Bubblegum Burst flavored, I opened the box and I hoped that Trinity would like her new medicine. I went and sat by her on the couch and showed her the new medicine I bought her. She didn't want to take it at first because she thought it would taste bad, just like all her other medicine. When I pulled a Tylenol Meltaway out the box and showed her it was not liquid, she just looked at it. It took me a while to get her to take the Tylenol Meltaway but finally she did, after I had to put one in my mouth. About 1 minute when it gone done melting, she actually wanted another one! She has never wanted more medicine than what she has to take. I was very shocked that my daughter really wanted another Tylenol Meltaway. She cried to have another one, so I looked on the back of the bottle and her dose was 2 tablets so I got her another one out of the bottle and let her have it. About 30 minutes later, her temperature went from 102.0 to 100.6 degree. I was so happy that she liked the medicine. For once, I didn't have to fight my daughter to take her medication and it made her feel so much better in a short period of time. I am very pleased with Children's Tylenol Meltaways!

Active Ingredient (in each tablet):
Acetaminophen 80 mg...... pain reliever & fever reducer
DO NOT use with any other medicine containing Acetaminophen.

Children's Tylenol Meltaways are Asprin FREE and Ibuprofen FREE. The bottle I bought has a count of 30 tablets. Children 2-6 years of age can take Tylenol Meltaways but if your child is under 2 years old, please ask your doctor.

Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to: The common cold, flu, headaches, sore throat, immunizations, toothache, and temporarily reduces fever.

You can use weight or age to dose your child. I went by Trinity's age to dose her.
The doses are:
weight 24-35 or age 2-3 take 2 tablets
weight 36-47 or age 4-5 take 3 tablets
weight 48-59 or age 6-8 take 4 tablets
weight 60-71 or age 9-10 take 5 tablets
weight 72-95 or age 11 take 6 tablets

As you can tell the Children's Tylenol Meltaways go up to 95 pounds or 11 years old. The front of the bottle says for ages 2-6 though. I guess an 11 year old could use the Meltaways but it would take more tablets to help him/her out. I would only use it for the ages 2-6 like it said on the front of the bottle.

The WARNINGS:
Stop use and ask your doctor if: New symptoms occur, redness or swelling present, pain gets worse or last more than 5 days, or if fever gets worse or last more than 3 days.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose get medical help or contact poison control center right away!

Children's Tylenol Meltaways are very easy to take! You just find the right dose on the chart and then give your child the meltaway(s). Your child can let it melt in his/her mouth or chew it up! When Trinity made me take one before her, I let mine melt in my mouth. The flavor I bought, Bubblegum Burst, has a great taste to it! Believe me, I had to find that out on my own! This medicine is GREAT for children that do not like to drink the liquid medicine. And, it is absolutely MESS FREE! Also, you can repeat dose if needed every 4 hours. DO NOT use more than 5 times in 24 hours (For example: if your taking 2 tablets each dose, DO NOT take more than 10 tablets in 24 hours)!!

Well, that about covers my review on children's Tylenol Meltaways! I hope you enjoyed my review and I also hope you got to find out what you needed to know about the product. I really would recommend this medicine to any child 2-6 years old. It taste GREAT and works really good!

Tylenol(R) Extra Strength, Box Of 50

Tylenol(R) Extra Strength, Box Of 50

Reduces fever and great for temporary relief of minor aches and pains Can be used for headaches, muscular aches, backache, minor pain of arthritis, th...
Office Depot

Childrens Tylenol Grape - 4 Ounce

Childrens Tylenol Grape - 4 Ounce

When it comes to reducing fever or relieving pain in infants, INFANTS' TYLENOL has been the brand recommended most by pediatricians.
Childrens Tylenol Grape 4 Ounce

Childrens Tylenol Grape 4 Ounce

Toys R Us

Tylenol« Children's Pain & Fever 2-11 Ages 4 Oz. - 2 Pk (s67608)

Tylenol« Children's Pain & Fever 2-11 Ages 4 Oz. - 2 Pk (s67608)

Pediatricians recommend Children's Tylenol® for paing and fever relief Ibuprofen Free; Alcohol Free; Aspirin Free Grape Splash Flavor Ages 2-11 Pain ...

Tylenol Simply Sleep

Tylenol Simply Sleep

Tylenol PM Simply Sleep 24 Caplets Box Expiration Date Always Fresh Sleep tight with Tylenol PM Simply Sleep Nighttime Sleep Aid. This safe, non-habit...

Tylenol Infants' For Children Cherry Flavor 2 Oz. - 2 Pk

Tylenol Infants' For Children Cherry Flavor 2 Oz. - 2 Pk

Pain reliever-free reducer Use only enclosed syringe Now with NEW! Dosage and directions Ibuprofen, Alcohol Aspirin free Cherry flavor When it comes t...

Tylenol Honey Lemon Cold and Flu Severe Liquid - 8 oz

Tylenol Honey Lemon Cold and Flu Severe Liquid - 8 oz

Find cold, cough and allergy at Target.com! Tylenol cold & flu severe with honey lemon warming liquid relieves your painful cold and flu symptoms and ...