Childrens Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer for Ages 2 To 11 Berry, Oral Suspension, Dye Free

Children's Motrin Dye-Free Berry Flavor: Pain Relief for Sensitive Kids

May 31, 2004

Pros:dye-free, palatable

Cons:might be harder to find

The Bottom Line: A trusted over-the-counter pain reliever made a little safer for dye-sensitive children.

I have two sons with multiple food allergies. As a result, we try our hardest to eliminate as many possible things that they might react to from our daily lives. Sometimes, however, it isn't completely possible, and we have to turn to things we might otherwise not use. Even then, I have the option of Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor to at least reduce the chances of them having a reaction to their pain reliever.

~&~ The Basics ~&~

Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor is a liquid version of the popular Motrin over-the-counter pain medication. Developed for children ages 2 to 11, Children's Motrin Oral Suspension comes in a not-too-thin consistency so that it doesn't spill too easily, yet not too thick that children don't like taking it.

Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor is an almost opaque, whitish liquid. It is sold in a 4 fluid ounce child-proof bottle. Dosages are clearly printed on the label, and dosage is determined by weight, not age.

The active ingredient is ibuprofen (100mg per 5mL). Inactive ingredients are: Acesulfame potassium, citric acid, corn starch, flavors, glycerin, natural and artificial flavors, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum.

~&~ Our Experience ~&~

I actually use Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor for all three of my children. My pediatrician gave us a handy chart to convert dosage of Infant Motrin Suspension to the children's strength. My daughter has no known allergies, so using this product isn't so much of an issue for her, but the boys both have no trouble either with the taste (which is a sweet berry, as advertised... I've tried it), nor with the ingredients.

I've found that Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor works much better than Tylenol for the two most common problems my children seem to have: teething pain, and fevers. I still use Tylenol on some occasions, but for high fevers and teething, Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor is the medication I turn to.

~&~ Overall ~&~

Obviously, if your child has a corn allergy, this product isn't going to be much help, but if you are trying to reduce the amount of artificial coloring your child takes in, or if you have a child allergic to the dyes in many pain relievers, Children's Motrin Oral Suspension Dye-Free Berry Flavor just might be the product for you.

Pediacare Children's Dye Free Ib Pain Reliever - Fever Reducer, Berry Flavor, 4

Pediacare Children's Dye Free Ib Pain Reliever - Fever Reducer, Berry Flavor, 4

Pediacare Children's Dye Free IB Pain Reliever - Fever Reducer, Berry Flavor, 4 Fluid Ounce For over 25 years, parents and pediatricians have relied o...

Equate Children's Ibuprofen Berry Flavor Oral Suspension Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, 8 oz

Equate Children's Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer has a fruity berry flavor that makes it easier for kids to take their medicine. For children a...

Advil Grape Fever Reducer and Pain Reliever For Children- 4 oz

Advil Grape Fever Reducer and Pain Reliever For Children- 4 oz

Find painkillers and muscle treatments at Target.com! you'll feel better knowing that you're giving your child the fever medicine that is most recomme...

PediaCare Children Single Dose Cherry Fever Reducer Pain Reliever

PediaCare Children Single Dose Cherry Fever Reducer Pain Reliever

PediaCare Children's Single Dose Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever contains 7 single dose easy, squeezeable packets, designed to fit little mouths and elimi...
Toys R Us

Lot 2 Pediacare Smooth Melts Childrens Acetaminophen Fever Reducer Pain Reliever

You are bidding on a ***NEW***Lot of 2 - PediaCare Smooth Melts Acetaminophen 160mg Fever Reducer/Pain Reliever 24 Chewable Tablets Cheer-up Cherry Fl...

Motrin Children's Dye-free Pain Reliever And Fever Reducer, 4 Fluid Ounce

Motrin Children's Dye-free Pain Reliever And Fever Reducer, 4 Fluid Ounce

Motrin Children's Dye-Free Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer, 4 Fluid Ounce Children's Motrin dye-free pain reliever/fever reducer.Contains ibuprofen or...

up&up Children's Ibuprofen Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer - 8 oz

up&up Children's Ibuprofen Pain Reliever and Fever Reducer - 8 oz

Find painkillers and muscle treatments at Target.com! Up&up children's ibuprofen pain reliever and fever reducer - 8 oz

Equate Junior Strength Chewable Grape Flavor Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer 100mg, 24ct

Equate Junior Strength Chewable Grape Flavor Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, 100mg, is designed to deliver a mild yet effective dose of pain relief to ch...

PediaCare Childrens Fever Reducer/ Pain Reliever Oral Suspension Dye Free - 4 oz