Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray For Kids in grape

Mar 6, 2007

Pros:Works great

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Chloraseptic had been in my life for years, now I am using it on my own child.

Last time my daughter was sick she had a sore throat. Unfortunately I have one of those kids who loves throat drops and yet is not supposed to have too many. The problem with throat drops or cough drops is that your only allowed so many so if your throat still hurts after that you are pretty much on your own. That can be harsh on a kid that's already cranky and not feeling good.

So when I went to Walgreens drug store I searched around and thought I would try the Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray For Kids in grape flavor.My daughter likes grape taste, and I seemed to have remembered using it as a kid and it worked for me. Of course back then there was no grape it was the green stuff. Yuck.

When I got home I read the back completely to make sure it was good use for her, and I had to make sure to check the dose. Here is most of what I went on to read:

Warnings:
Sore Throat Warning: severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat that occurs with high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Ask a doctor right away. Do not use more than 2 days or give to children under 3 years of age.

Stop use and ask a Doctor if:
Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days or if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens.
Swelling, rash or fever develops.
Difficulty in breathing
Ask your doctor if you are pregnant or beast feeding a little one.

Do not use it if the seal on the bottle is clearly broken.

Active Ingredients Are: Phenol 0.5%

Inactive Ingredients Are: FD&C Blue 1, FD&C Red 40, Flavors, Glycerin, Purified Water, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Chloride

Directions:

Chloraseptic may be used every 2 hours or use as directed by a physician or dentist. Store at room temperature.

Children 2 to 11 years (with adult supervision): For each application, spray 5 times onto throat or affected area.

Children under 2 years: Consult a physician or dentist.

I used it on my daughter about every 2 to three hours until she was feeling perfect. Every time we used it she did not complain about the taste. And when I asked her if she liked it , she said that she did like it. Her soar throat went away instantly and stayed away. She said it made her mouth feel tingly. But she liked that.

This past weeks she was sick again. Seems to happen every time she plays with other kids. There was the soar throat again, of course I went back and used the Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray For Kids in grape flavor for her. Again it worked wonders.

I figured if she can use it, why don't I try it. I used it for a tooth that I have been having some pain with. I was going to the dentist the next day and figured it could not hurt to try. And it worked! It took away the pain and numbed my gum for me. I was able to fall asleep with no pain in my mouth. I ate and drank and still it worked.

Needless to say, I won't be using throat drops any more from now on. We are using Chloraseptic spray instead from here on out. It works for my daughter who is 4 and it works on me and I am 26. There are not too many things that she and I can both safely take. But this is certainly one that we can both use. This saves us money and I am all for that!

I am very pleased with Chloraseptic spray. I am glad I remembered it. It is nice to know that I can use to same thing my mother used on me, with my own child. Now if I can just remember what she used for runny noses......

The bottom line is that Chloraseptic gets the job done. It takes pain out of my little girl's life and makes her normal again. That is what make all the difference It is $4.99 in Walgreens. But you can get it in any drug store, market or department store for about the same.