Clairol Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Kumquat Moisturizing Body Wash

Clairol Herbal Essences Moisturizing Body Wash

Mar 25, 2004 (Updated Oct 11, 2012)

Pros:Wonderful scent out of the bottle; Cleans skin thoroughly; Good Value;

Cons:Leaves no noticable scent after rinsed away; Not good for shaving;

The Bottom Line: This is a great alternative to bar soap, its highly fragrant, and a little goes a long way-but its not everything it claims to be....read more.

I always pick up deals & steals, Target & Wal*Mart are great places to fins cosmetics, facial & body care product on clearance. That's How I found Clairol Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Kumquat Moisturizing Body Wash. I got it for $3.50 for the largest size available. I just couldn't resist.

*-*Packaging*-*

24 fluid ounces packaged in a clear, contoured bottle with a green flip top lid. Clairol's Logo adorns the front of the packaging.

*-*Boasts*-*

Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Moisturizing Body Wash, with all-natural organic fruit extracts in pure mountain spring water, refreshes your skin to a clean, soft feel. Exhilarate in the skin-loving fragrant blend and awaken your skin's natural beauty.Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Moisturizing Body Wash, made with Kumquat, Tamarillo and Green Apple, is specially formulated to: Gently cleanse;Leave skin feeling soft and silky; Revitalize your whole body. All Herbal Essences Moisturizing Body Washes use high quality ingredients derived from pure renewable plant sources and contain no animal by-products.Fruits grown under certified organic conditions -- no petrochemicals or pesticides. Biodegradable formula. Bottles use 25% post-consumer recycled plastic.
*-*Product*-*

The first thing you notice when you flip the lid is the scent. Its very fruity. I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a papaya and a kumquat. But I can detect the scent of apples in this, simply put it's a a very fruity fragrant body wash.

Out of the bottle you find the bright pear colored body wash to be dense enough to use by hand but also fine enough that it will run if you try to turn your hand upside down. Its the perfect consistency for a body wash.

I use about two tablespoons each time I use it. I skip the pouf, but you can use that or a bath brush, sponge, loofah, anything that would absorb the body wash and you would have to use slightly less. Its enough to cover my entire body.

This body wash really lathers up well. Its very bubbly, and feels rich and soothing. The
Fruit Fusions Moisturizing Body Wash clings to your body, yet doesn't feel overly heavy. The lightness of the gel and the scent together make a rushed shower calming. While using this during a bath you feel very relaxed and tranquil. The fruit scent that is so comforting.

Once applied I wash my hair and do other things while I allow the product to just linger. I love the essence of this body wash, its glorious! After showering I rinse it all off and unlike some body washes I have tried it rinses clean and leaves no residue behind.

You know its a good body wash in terms of cleansing your skin. Try the toner test. After you're out of the bath, use toner on a spot o your body. If the pad you used with the toner has dirt and oil behind the body wash didn't work. Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Moisturizing Body Wash cleans skin thoroughly, leaving no oil or dirt behind.

Dry time! This is where Fruit Fusions turns sour. After you are dried off, you notice your skin is dry and left with no moisture at all. I have to get out the body butter and slather it all over my bod to get the hydration restored. You have ashy, flaky skin as you would with a regular bar soap. It isn't an issue because it is a great body wash, but since it does claim to be moisturizing its a far stretch for Clairol. Silky? That's laughable.

However before you use lotion do a sniff check. No fruity scent left behind. None. Although somewhat disappointing, I really like my body to smell like my perfume, not my body wash unless it's amy perfumes complementing body wash. However this may be a requisite if your a big fan of body washes. It really doesn't bother me except at night when I take a quick shower and don't want to wear a perfume I reach for another body wash that is fragrant.

Lastly, Clairol suggests using this in place of your shaving lotion. I have sensitive skin, and this is a big no-no for those of us who must use a have gel formulated for sensitive skin or you run the risk of getting itchy red bumps up and down your legs. it also makes for a slick shave, so if you use a regular razor (I use a Venus) it could make for some nasty nicks and cuts.

Since I do have sensitive skin its important to point out that other than leaving my skin dry, it has not caused any type of reaction at all.

*-*Use *-*

Apply to wet skin or pouf in shower or bath and work into rich, refreshing lather. Rinse clean. For silky, smooth legs, use as a shaving lotion.

*-*Price & Availability*-*

Available in 12 or 24 fluid ounces this can be found at most grocers, drugstores and discount retailers, or online~ expect to pay $3.99-$7.99 per bottle. A large bottle that I bought will last me well over 6 months if I used it daily. A little bit of this body wash goes a long way especially if you use a cloth or pouf for application.

*-*Ingredients*-*

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Cyphomandra Betacea (Tamarillo) Extract, Fortunella Margarita (Kumquat) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polyquaternium-10, Methyl Gluceth-10, Sodium Chloride, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Orange 4, Red 4, Red 33

*-*The Verdict?*-*

I love the fragrant aroma of fruit this body wash has. I love the way it makes my skin peachy clean. I love the fact I don't have to use half of the bottle to get a good lather.

It does not leave the sweet smell of fruit behind so that may be a problem, and it does dry out skin.

So if you are in the market for a body wash that does everything it claims this is not for you. But if you can accept the fact you will have to use a perfume or body lotion to smell nice, and definitely use a lotion for skin hydration then you'll adore this body wash.

I also like the fact that Clairol is earth friendly. They use recycled plastic, the product is biodegradable and their are no animal by products in their product. If I wanted a cat in my bath id ask Fries (my snow shoe Siamese) to join me.

Its a good value and makes for a relaxing, bath or shower, even if you only have 15 minutes to enjoy it.

*Taken for product packaging