Clairol Natural Instincts , Haircolor, Brown Black #M17 1 Each For Men (00381519004209) Reviews

Clairol Natural Instincts Haircolor Brown Black M#17 for Men

Dec 15, 2009 (Updated Mar 4, 2010)

Pros:Covers tough to cover gray hair. No peroxide or ammonia.

Cons:Can be messy.

The Bottom Line: Covers tough to cover gray hair. No peroxide or ammonia.

Clairol is known for its hair dyes for women but they also offer Natural Instincts for Men. I was having a real problem getting my grey hair to respond to the Nautral Instincts for Women so I decdied to try the Men's version.

The reason I use this is that it has no Ammonia or Peroxide. My Mom, Aunt and Grandmother all had balding issues. They all dyed their hair heavily and I felt it would be a good idea to avoid peroxide dyes if and when I started using dye. I feel very lucky to still have my hair and I treat it gingerly.

I began to get grey and looked for products to cover the grey. I chose Natural Instincts because it had no peroxide or ammonia. It worked for the most part but the gray at my temples just didn't absorb the dye it seemed.

This dye will leave your hair looking fuller. It is very easy to use. Once you get the hang of it it's a very simple at home process. I always cover the area I'm working in with newspaper and I make a smock out of a large garbage bag. I remove my earrings.

The men's version is meant to be used on beards and mustache as well. This is still a wash out color that gets lighter every time you wash your hair. I would suggest going for a slightly darker shade than you might think to choose since it will lighten with washes. It promises to cover the toughest grays along with restoring natural color. I found it did really cover that stubborn gray so I will stick with the men's version.

Wait a few days after washing to dye your hair.  The men's version claims to give you natural healthy looking gray coverages with a complex of Vitamin E, proteins and Aloe.

You get one application in each box and price can range from $4.99 to $9.99. Look for coupons as well. This dye is supposed to last for at least 6 weeks.

The kit is formulated to be used in two steps with three products.

Application of the formula: You combine the no ammonia colorant (2 oz/bottle #1) with the developing lotion (2 oz/bottle #2) in the application bottle and shake. Unscrew the individual caps to do this replacing the little white top before shaking. This should cover even toughest gray with a long lasting natural color that will restore your natural hair color. You work this in wearing the rubber gloves provided. Allow to set for 10 minutes, 20 minutes for harder to cover gray hair (I let it set at my temples for the 20 minutes).

Color conditioning: The kit includes a tube of moisturizing conditioner treatment meant to be left on for two minutes after the dye is washed out. You can then use this moisturizer/conditioner every time you wash or at least once a week.

Warnings: Do not use if your hair has been colored with henna or any metallic dyes. Do not use on eyebrows or lashes. Do not inhale. Use in a well ventilated area. Remove metal objects from your hair before using. Wear the gloves. Do not mix colorant with any other products. Store in a cool place. Do not use on children.

Testing: Always do a skin /hair test 48 hours before using the product. Mix a small amount of the colorant and developing lotion in a bowl. Apply to a quarter size of the mixture to the area of skin in the bend above your elbow. Do not wash the area for 48 hours. Protect it with an adhesive band.  You may still have a reaction to the product even if you pass the test. If you do not and still have a reaction when you actually dye your hair it's because the test is not a guarentee.  If you experience burning or itching while dye is on your hair rinse immediately and discontinue the dye process. Having used this product in the women's form I decided to forego that step.

This product should last about 4 to 6 weeks depending on how often you wash your hair. My hair actually looks thicker and shinier after using the Clairol Natural Instincts. I'm also pleased that it does not have any noticeable odor.

1 800 CLAIROL

Home About Us Shipping FAQ Contact Us Feedback of our customers Check Out our new items Send Message through our contact form Newsletter Add my Shop t...

Heading For healthy, totally natural looking color, trust your instincts. Purpose Hair Color Manufacturer P G-Beauty Active Ingredients No Ammonia Col...
NEW Clairol Natural Instincts for Men Hair Color, Brown Black (M17) SPECIFICATIONS natural,healthy,looking ADDITIONAL FEATURES Shipping Weight :1.4 po...