Pfizer Clavamox Tabs 62.5mg Per Tablet

Clavamox®

Aug 19, 2008 (Updated Aug 19, 2008)

Pros:Prescription is required

Cons:some strains of bacteria are resistant

The Bottom Line: Clavamox® is a form of penicillin, having potassium clavulanate to increase its effectiveness against certain types of bacteria.

Amoxicillin/Clavulanate (Clavamox®) 62.5 mg TABS is a potentiated penicillin used for infections caused by susceptible bacteria, Clavamox is available as 62.5mg, 125mg, 250mg and 375mg tablets as well as drops containing 62.5mg/1ml.

Clavamox® Amoxicillin penicillin is an antibiotic.

Clavamox® is a form of penicillin, having potassium clavulanate to increase its effectiveness against certain types of bacteria. The combination, is called a potentiated penicillin.

Used to treat susceptible bacterial infections, or those which respond to antibiotics in general and penicillin in particular can be offered for use in many species.

WARNING: per peteducation.com Do NOT use amoxicillin/clavulanate in rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, or hamsters. Use of amoxicillin/clavulanate in these species will affect normal bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract and possibly cause a fatal diarrhea.
NOTE: Contact your veterinarian if your pet experiences vomiting, diarrhea, or coordination problems/staggering while being treated with amoxicillin/clavulanate.

When mixed with water to administer via syringe or eyedropper the drops need to be stored in refrigerator with any unused medication discarded after 14 days.

CLAVAMOX is suitable for treatment of bacterial infection suffered by both dogs and cats. The customary dosage for dogs and cats is 6.25mg per pound by mouth every 12 hours.

Duration of treatment, as with any infection or condition found in critters, depends on the type of infection and the specific response of the cat or dog being treated to the treatment. There is no one size fits all, and there is no magic bullet. Pets as do humans respond in varying degrees, medicines result in renewed health, or not. On the other hand, penicillin has long proven highly effective in treating many illnesses.

Requiring a prescription I have found CLAVAMOX 62.5 mg TABS available from our vet per tablet in a scissors removal type strip packaging.

Over decades of living with pets; cats and dogs we have had occasion to take sick critter to our vet. Clavamox drops have been prescribed now and then as have the tabs. I have found that depending on the critter of the moment, each is a difficult or easy to administer. In general the usage of the tabs has been for two adult male cats each suffering bladder infection.

One cat, Herm, was quite elderly and while he did not live long even with treatment, Husband and I both believe Herm’s quality of life was made better during his remaining days.

The second cat, T Bone Piggins was on a regimen of Clavamox® tabs for the better part of the last two years of his life. T Bone was a lovely boy, as always a ‘I’ll live with you now, I was abandoned’ cat.

He was a mellow, lovely boy, somewhat larger than the usual housecat. He got along well with other cats who were already here, and lived with us for five years the last two were filled with bouts of bladder infection and Clavamox® tabs which he took readily.

Again, while the ultimate was T Bone’s demise earlier than experienced by most of our cats, Husband and I are convinced that the Clavamox® made his last two years far more pleasant than he would have experienced if he had remained out in the pasture on his own.

I have not ordered Clavamox® on line, but find it is available on a variety of sites. I do not find Clavamox® offered on Amazon. When Clavamox® is indicated I take our critter to our Vet in Bartlesville who examines, prescribes a treats the little beast. He provides the tabs or drops with instructions for how to use. Happy to recommend.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product Details and Shipping Information from DISCOUNT PET DRUGS

$0.33 PER TAB : A PRESCRIPTION is required. Please fax one to us at 1-800-905-6155 or give us your veterinarian contact information on the comments part of the order page. Also, you can scan and email us the prescription. DO NOT order these products before talking to your veterinarian.

Pet Supplies 4 Less offers Clavamox® in an array of dosages and packaging for a price ranging from $210 250 mg per 210 tabs, to $322.95 375 mg per 210 tabs.
--------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.
PER PETEDUCATION.COM SITE:
**ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center
1-900-443-0000 ($55.00 per case. The charge is billed directly to caller's phone.)
1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435. $55.00 per case, billed to caller's credit card only.)
Follow-up calls can be made for no additional charge by dialing 888-299-2973.
There is no charge when the call involves a product covered by the Animal Product Safety Service.
**Animal Poison Hotline – a joint service provided by North Shore Animal League America (NSAL) and PROSAR International Animal Poison Center (IAPC).
1-888-232-8870 ($35.00 per incident. The charge is billed to caller's credit card only.) Staffed 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

Clavamox 375mg (per tablet)

Clavamox 375mg (per tablet)

Clavamox is used to treat a variety of infections caused by bacteria. It's effective for treating skin and soft-tissue infections such as wounds, absc...

Clavamox - 375 mg x 210 Tablets

Clavamox - 375 mg x 210 Tablets

A broad spectrum antibiotic effective against a wide range of bacteria. Especially useful in the treatment of skin infection (superficial and deep py...
KV Supply

Clavamox 250mg (per tablet)

Clavamox 250mg (per tablet)

Clavamox 250 mg per tablet

Clavamox 250 mg per tablet

250 mg per tablet -- Clavamox is a prescription antibiotic. Clavamox is indicated for the treatment of skin and soft tissue bacterial infections such ...
VetApprovedRx
Clavamox - 250 mg x 210 Tablets

Clavamox - 250 mg x 210 Tablets

KV Supply

Clavamox 375mg per tablet

Clavamox 375mg per tablet

375mg per tablet -- Clavamox is a prescription antibiotic. Clavamox is indicated for the treatment of skin and soft tissue bacterial infections such a...
VetApprovedRx
Clavamox 125mg (per tablet)

Clavamox 125mg (per tablet)