Clearasil Daily Face Wash

~~CLEARASIL DAILY FACE WASH~~AN ESSENTIAL ACNE CONTROL PRODUCT

Feb 20, 2002

Pros:Effective cleansing controls blemishes; fresh, clean scent (not medicinal).

Cons:Expensive in price when compared to generic choices; may lead to antibiotic resistance.

The Bottom Line: For daily cleansing of oily, acne prone skin, consider purchasing triclosan containing Clearasil Daily Face Wash to help control breakouts.

Ever since my early teenage years, I've been plagued with oily, acne prone skin. While my breakouts have decreased significantly in frequency and severity now that I'm in my thirties, my quest for a clearer complexion continues on. For many years now, one of the staples in my daily cleansing routine has been Clearasil Daily Face Wash (or Wal-Mart's less expensive generic brand Equate when available). And now that my preteen daughter is discovering that she has inherited my genetic tendency for having oily skin prone to blemishes as well, I am now purchasing this product for her along with myself. What an amazing difference we've noticed in her skin over the past few weeks.

~~~The Product~~~

Clearasil Daily Face Wash is an oil free cleansing product designed to help treat and prevent pimples and blackheads. As a first step to clearer skin, this acne control formula fights bacteria and foams away trapped dirt and oil deep from within pores where inflammation begins better than regular soap, without overdrying. Skin receives that deep down clean it needs to stay clear and free of pimples without the oily residue that many other cleansers leave behind. Gentle enough to use for daily use at the sink or in the shower, this anti-bacterial cleanser containing 0.3% Triclosan contains a fragrance that leaves the skin smelling fresh and not medicinal. I use this skin care product at bedtime as a rather effective make-up remover. My face is left clean and refreshed; never dry and tight like cleansers containing other acne medications sometimes do. And my daughter washes her face with Clearasil Daily Face Wash in the mornings before school, resulting in a noticeable improvement in the condition of her skin over a short period of time.

~~~Packaging & Price~~~

Each 6.5 ounce (184g) large plastic tube of Clearasil Daily Face Wash may be purchased at most major discount stores, such as Wal-Mart, and many online merchants, such as drugstore.com for about $3.99. Resting on it's cap with the lid opening on the bottom, this anti-bacterial acne control cleanser may be stored easily at both the sink and the shower for convenient daily use. Containing a thick white fresh smelling substance, each bottle is advertised to provide over 100 uses, resulting in a cost of just pennies per day. Since I use this product primarily as a make-up remover, I tend to use more of this cleanser each time than is recommended, but I still average 60 to 75 washes per tube. So not only is Clearasil Daily Face Wash an effective acne control cleanser, even for adults with oily skin as well as teens and preteens, but it is an economical skin care choice as well.

~~~Directions for Use~~~

Wet your face and squeeze a small amount (about the size of a dime) of Clearasil Daily Face Wash into the palm of your hand and add a few drops of water. Make sure to work this mixture into a rich foamy lather first to fully activate the cleansers. Then gently massage this freshly fragranced white lather onto the face with wet finger-tips for approximately 20-30 seconds, adding more water if necessary. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat the face dry with a clean towel. Your skin will feel clean and refreshed with no dryness or oily residue left behind each time Clearasil Daily Face Wash is applied and used as directed.

~~~Ingredients~~~

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Triclosan (0.3%)

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Potassium Myristate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etibronate, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Fragrance.

~~~What Is Triclosan?~~~

Found as an active ingredient in Clearasil Daily Face Wash and many other anti-bacterial skin care products such as hand soaps, etc., triclosan has effective antiseptic properties, which means that it kills many topical bacterial agents on contact. There is some controversy that this medication destroys the "good" bacteria along with the "bad", however, potentially creating antibiotic-resistant strains as a result. So as with most other topical medications, weigh the pros and cons first before trying this product. If you are uncertain, consult your dermatologist for more information on triclosan containing Clearasil Daily Face Wash and any possible side effects that could occur from its use.

~~~Warnings~~~

Do not use Clearasil Daily Face Wash on infants under 6 months of age. Do not use if you have a sensitivity to Triclosan and discontinue use if irritation occurs. As with any other medication, keep out of reach of children.

~~~Overall Recommendation~~~

Adults and teenagers alike will notice almost an immediate difference in the condition of their oily, acne prone skin soon after they begin cleansing their face with Clearasil Daily Face Wash. I've received excellent results for many years now and my preteen daughter is discovering just how well this pimple controlling medication is working for her changing skin type as well. And since each bottle lasts anywhere from 2 to 3 months, depending on the frequency of use, this moderately priced cleanser is an economical choice over time. But as an even less expensive alternative, consider checking out store brands, such as Wal-Mart's Equate, and pay approximately $2 for a very similar product containing the same acne fighting ingredient. I frequently switch back and forth, depending on availability, and have a difficult time telling them apart as far as performance goes (the generic actually smells better though in my opinion). So pick up a bottle of Clearasil Daily Face Wash today and see if the lesser known ingredient triclosan works as well for you as it does for me and now my daughter too.

For more information on Clearasil Daily Face Wash and other effective acne control skin care products, check out their website online at:

www.clearasil.com

Questions or comments?
1-203-359-5610

BOOTS HEALTHCARE USA INC.
6 Landmark Square
Stamford Connecticut CT 06901-2792 USA

Clearasil Daily Clear Face Wash 6.5 oz

Clearasil Daily Clear Face Wash 6.5 oz

Clearasil Daily Clear Oil Free Daily Face Wash is a rich cream cleanser with moisturizing complex known to help replenish skin. Dermatologist tested a...
Dollar General

Clearasil Daily Face Wash Tube, 6.5-ounce Box

Clearasil Daily Face Wash Tube, 6.5-ounce Box

Clearasil Daily Face Wash Tube, 6.5-Ounce Box

Clearasil Daily Clear Acne Treatment Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, 6.5 Ounce (Pack of 2)

Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-blast Face Wash 6.5 Oz

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Face Wash 6.78 fl oz Liquid

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Face Wash 6.78 fl oz Liquid

Ultra Rapid Action Daily Face Wash 6.78 fl oz Liquid - Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Daily Face Wash works instantly to fight 100% of acne by washing a...
Swanson Health Products

Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-blast Pads, 90 Pads

Clearasil Daily Clear Hydra-blast Pads, 90 Pads

Clearasil daily clear acne face wash Oil-free face scrub Facial acne treatment Clearasil daily clear acne face wash. Hydra-blast oil-free face scrub, ...

2 Clearasil Non-drying Daily Face Wash – 6.5 / 2 Units

2 Clearasil Non-drying Daily Face Wash – 6.5 / 2 Units

Clearasil daily clear oi lfree Non-Drying Daily Face Wash – each 6.5 /sale for 2 units