Clinique 1.7 oz Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel Combination Oily to Oily Tube (424719) Reviews

Free Shipping Saks Fifth Avenue
Free Shipping Nordstrom

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ~ Best for Oily Skin

Aug 19, 2010

Pros:Controls oily skin, lightly hydrates, fragrance free

Cons:Not rich enough for dry skin, no SPF

The Bottom Line: Moisturizing gel with a unique, lightweight consistency that controls oily skin.  Not rich enough for dry skin.  No SPF.

I received a full sized sample of this moisturizing gel, and I was really curious exactly how "dramatically different" it would be.  In fact, it really is a unique kind of moisturizer.

~ Product Description

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is formulated for combination, oily to oily skin, and is Step 3 in Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care line.  The tube says this "works to improve skin's texture and condition."  It is oil free, allergy tested, and fragrance free.

The directions for use say to apply twice a day, after using Clinique Facial Soap and Clarifying Lotion.

This comes in a plastic 1.7 fl. oz. tube that can sit on its screw-off cap.  It's also available in a pump-top bottle.  It sells for about $22, but you can find it cheaper online through Amazon.

The ingredients are listed on the tube, but they are difficult for me to see well enough to accurately write out.  Clinique did not list them on their website, either.

~ My Experience

I have mature skin, with some fine lines and wrinkles, that is combination including a slightly oily T-zone with dry patches on my cheeks.  Generally I use a fairly rich daytime moisturizer.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel has a strange consistency; it's almost like a thin lotion, or a lotion-gel.  It borders on being runny as it comes out of the tube.  It is not a clear gel, but has a slight yellow color
You only need the tiniest amount to thoroughly cover your skin.  This gel spreads and distributes quickly and easily, and absorbs well.  I will say in consistency and the way it applies it is indeed "dramatically different."  It felt so thin and insubstantial I was doubtful about its moisturizing properties.  This is fragrance free, and I could detect no scent at all.

After applying, my skin felt smooth and lightly hydrated.  This is a very lightweight moisturizer, as its consistency implied.  My foundation applied fine over this, and I could apply immediately after using the moisturizer.

This is indicated for combination oily to oily skin, and I can see why; it somehow manages to control oily skin and keep it more matte.  My forehead tends to be oily, but this moisturizer seems to soak up the oiliness.  The problem is that for my dry patches I don't feel it's heavy or provides enough moisture.

I can't say I noticed any change or improvement in my skin's texture or condition after using this.

I think for hot summer days, this would be okay for me, but in the winter when my skin is dryer, it wouldn't provide enough hydration for my mature skin.

~ Final Thoughts

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is a very lightweight moisturizer with a unique, thin, gel-like consistency.  If you have oily skin, this just might be a miracle moisturizer, but for dry, mature skin, it really doesn't provide enough hydration.  Note also there is no SPF in this.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Oil-free moisture drink developed by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for skins...
Saks Fifth Avenue

The oil-free moisture drinkdeveloped by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for skins comfortable in the cheeks but oily in...
lordandtaylor.com
Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Now, Clinique's finest moisture 'drink' is available in a refreshing gel. This lightweight formula works to sof...
Nordstrom
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. An essential daily lightweight moisturizing oi-free gel to soften, smooth, and improve the texture a...
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - Combination Oil To Oily an excellent option for those with oily or combination skin. It may not provide enou...