Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 4.2 oz (CLS11545) Reviews

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 4.2 oz (CLS11545)

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: The Only Thing Dramatic Are The Breakouts On My Face

Jul 15, 2005

Pros:you can almost always get a free sample at bonus time

Cons:read the ingredients!

The Bottom Line: Do you regularly use mineral oil and Vaseline on your face? You do if you use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

I still remember my very first foray into the world of cosmetics. I was 14 years old and my friend Dorine convinced me that the two of us simply *had* to go to the Clinique counter at our local Strawbridge & Clothiers. She swore by their products telling me how hypo-allergenic they were and how wonderful my skin would look after using all of their products from soap to mascara. The only makeup I had ever used was whatever I borrowed from my mom so I figured she knew more than I did.

Off we went and I sat down at the counter for a skin typing. There was nothing wrong with my skin at all. I was a healthy, albeit young, teenager with a normal complexion. I didn't break out often and when I did, the blemishes were small, almost invisible spots. So, I was a bit taken aback when I was told that I must use Clinique's mild facial soap, Clarifying Lotion 2 and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, or else I could never improve my skin.

Improve my skin? What was wrong with my skin aside from a multitude of freckles? But, I didn't want my skin to get worse and the gift with purchase taking place at the time included sample sizes of all three skin care products.

So, I purchased a small compact full of Sheer Powder Blusher and took home a small caddy full of trial sized products.

I diligently followed the Clinique 3-Step program for a week, despite seeing disturbing results after the first two days. My previously clear and skin was now a mess of painful, small, angry bright red blemishes. I allowed myself time to heal and then, tried the program minus the third, moisturizing step simply because I forgot the small bottle before heading out of town for a week. Surprisingly, I had no problems.

Fast forward many years later. I'm now a college graduate and still buying Clinique products, although not any of their skin care line. As usual, every time there's a gift with purchase, there's a bottle of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion as part of it.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is a bright lemon yellow color. It's a thick, oily feeling moisturizer which doesn't absorb easily into my skin. It's difficult to get out of the hard, plastic bottles it comes in, without shaking them and banging on the side like a Heinz ketchup bottle while whistling "Anticipation". It has a strange, slightly unpleasant scent to it which reminds me of moldy soybeans. If you want a moisturizer with SPF, look elsewhere.

I decided that perhaps my skin had changed and maybe it wouldn't be so bad as the last time I tried it. So, I applied the moisturizer to my face and experienced the same unpleasant reaction. This product is just too heavy and oily to work properly on my skin.

After this second experience, I read the ingredients list carefully for this product and saw exactly what the source of my problems were. Reminder to self: must read ingredients lists before using questionable products. Included on the list for Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion are mineral oil and petrolatum! I could just as easily slather on some Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil and some Vaseline for the same results.

If for some absurd reason, you want to put the equivalent of baby oil and Vaseline on your face, a 4.2 ounce hard plastic bottle with a cap costs $20.50, a 4.2 ounce hard plastic bottle with a pump costs $22.00 and a 1.7 ounce tube costs $11.00.

Ingredients:
water, mineral oil, sesame oil, propylene glycol, tea, stearate, glyceryl stearate, lanolin alcohol, petrolatum, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd&c yellow no 5 , fd&c yellow no 6, d&c red no.33

Clinique Laboratories, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
767 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10153
212-572-3800
www.clinique.com

Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Double your traf...

CLINIQUE dramatically different moisturizing lotion + very dry to dry size: .5oz/15ml brand new never tested f
You are bidding on the brand new, never been used CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION + 1 OZ LOT/2 NEW STYLE!THIS IS THE NEW STYLE +TO...
Welcome to Our Ebay Store!Our Philosophy In our eBay store, we treat our valued customers the very same way that we want to be treated while shopping ...
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Lot of 3 0.5 oz /1 5 ml each 1.5 oz / 45 ml Total BRAND NEW NO BOX NEVER BEEN USED OR TESTED Inter...
CLINIQUE dramatically different moisturizing lotion + very dry to dry size: 1.7 oz 50ml brand new never tested 5
UP FOR AUCTION IS A NEW IN BOX FULL SIZE CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION WITH PUMP 4.2 OZ, ORIGINAL FORMULA RARE . . THANK YOU FOR...
New Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion +- very dry to dry combination Size: 6.7 oz./200 ml Unboxed. Brand new. Never used/tested. 240...
New Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL - Oily to oily skin Size: 6.7 oz./200 ml Unboxed. Brand new. Never used/tested. 240 Check out my ...
NEW AND SEALED IN A SEALED BOX, DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURUZING LOTION 4.2OZ(125ML) EACH.