Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 4.2 oz (CLS11545) Reviews

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion 4.2 oz (CLS11545)

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: The Only Thing Dramatic Are The Breakouts On My Face

Jul 15, 2005

Pros:you can almost always get a free sample at bonus time

Cons:read the ingredients!

The Bottom Line: Do you regularly use mineral oil and Vaseline on your face? You do if you use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

I still remember my very first foray into the world of cosmetics. I was 14 years old and my friend Dorine convinced me that the two of us simply *had* to go to the Clinique counter at our local Strawbridge & Clothiers. She swore by their products telling me how hypo-allergenic they were and how wonderful my skin would look after using all of their products from soap to mascara. The only makeup I had ever used was whatever I borrowed from my mom so I figured she knew more than I did.

Off we went and I sat down at the counter for a skin typing. There was nothing wrong with my skin at all. I was a healthy, albeit young, teenager with a normal complexion. I didn't break out often and when I did, the blemishes were small, almost invisible spots. So, I was a bit taken aback when I was told that I must use Clinique's mild facial soap, Clarifying Lotion 2 and their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, or else I could never improve my skin.

Improve my skin? What was wrong with my skin aside from a multitude of freckles? But, I didn't want my skin to get worse and the gift with purchase taking place at the time included sample sizes of all three skin care products.

So, I purchased a small compact full of Sheer Powder Blusher and took home a small caddy full of trial sized products.

I diligently followed the Clinique 3-Step program for a week, despite seeing disturbing results after the first two days. My previously clear and skin was now a mess of painful, small, angry bright red blemishes. I allowed myself time to heal and then, tried the program minus the third, moisturizing step simply because I forgot the small bottle before heading out of town for a week. Surprisingly, I had no problems.

Fast forward many years later. I'm now a college graduate and still buying Clinique products, although not any of their skin care line. As usual, every time there's a gift with purchase, there's a bottle of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion as part of it.

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is a bright lemon yellow color. It's a thick, oily feeling moisturizer which doesn't absorb easily into my skin. It's difficult to get out of the hard, plastic bottles it comes in, without shaking them and banging on the side like a Heinz ketchup bottle while whistling "Anticipation". It has a strange, slightly unpleasant scent to it which reminds me of moldy soybeans. If you want a moisturizer with SPF, look elsewhere.

I decided that perhaps my skin had changed and maybe it wouldn't be so bad as the last time I tried it. So, I applied the moisturizer to my face and experienced the same unpleasant reaction. This product is just too heavy and oily to work properly on my skin.

After this second experience, I read the ingredients list carefully for this product and saw exactly what the source of my problems were. Reminder to self: must read ingredients lists before using questionable products. Included on the list for Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion are mineral oil and petrolatum! I could just as easily slather on some Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil and some Vaseline for the same results.

If for some absurd reason, you want to put the equivalent of baby oil and Vaseline on your face, a 4.2 ounce hard plastic bottle with a cap costs $20.50, a 4.2 ounce hard plastic bottle with a pump costs $22.00 and a 1.7 ounce tube costs $11.00.

Ingredients:
water, mineral oil, sesame oil, propylene glycol, tea, stearate, glyceryl stearate, lanolin alcohol, petrolatum, methylparaben, propylparaben, fd&c yellow no 5 , fd&c yellow no 6, d&c red no.33

Clinique Laboratories, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
767 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10153
212-572-3800
www.clinique.com

Clinique ~ Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + ~ ~ 1 oz travel size ~ Very Dry to Dry skin types Please contact me prior to feedback for any ...

#N/A