Clinique Eye Defining Duo Eye Shadow & Liner Reviews

Clinique Eye Defining Duo Eye Shadow & Liner

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Black Icicle Melts Fast: LEAN-N-MEAN W/O

Nov 27, 2002 (Updated Nov 27, 2002)

Pros:light coverage, simple, basic colors

Cons:does not stay on, too light, expensive

The Bottom Line: Great for the young teen, but not for the avid makeup lover, this duo is wearable, but mediocre.

Black Icicle.

What is it?

A new Clinque eyeshadow duo. Contains a main & liner color.

WHAT IS THIS LIKE?

CLINIQUE EYE DEFINING DUO comes in a pastel box. The case is shiny silver/white plastic with a mirror inside. Along with the main and liner color, there are two applicators-one is for the lid, the other is a thin one for liner color.

There is a slight odor to this makeup. .13oz contained in each compact. The claim is that this is Allergy Tested , 100% fragrance free, and Opthamologist Tested. Price is $18.50. Claims to be long-lasting.

COLORS AVAILABLE

Black Icicle (black/white)
Double Plum (light/dark plum)
Graphite (light/dark gray)
Vintage Wine (light/dark burgundy)
Cashew (peach/brown)
Gilded (gold/green)
Sage Shimmer(light/dark sage)

MY EVALUATION

The applicators are horrible. The liner goes on really messy. The regular color is very light. Not much shimmer. Liner color is matte. More concentrated. A liner brush works a bit better.

Long lasting? Nope. Have to reapply five times through a day, or it vanishes.

Allergies? Not for me on this one, although Clinique and I normally do not get along.

Case is snazzy, but the shadow isn't too great. There are better drugstore brands.

Do I like it? Yes, for going to the country store when I don't care what people think. I do wear it when I am really casual-the colors I have (white/black) are nice on me.

Would I buy it (it was a gift)? Nope. WAY too expensive.

Is this good for anyone? -Perfect for a teen's first makeup kit, however very expensive.

CLOSING COMMENTS

Have a young teen in your life that you want to buy something that looks really special? Try this. Expensive, but nice. If you like applying makeup and not thinking about it constantly, forget it. This isn't for you.

INGREDIENTS
Due to long names and tiny writing, I can't put all on here. Suffice it to say that TALC, ALUMINA, BEESWAX, MICA, SILICA are some of the main ingredients that might cause allergies.

WHERE TO FIND
Any upscale department store usually has a Clinique counter. For you rural country dwellers, you can also find their products at:

www.macys.com
www.gloss.com

----------------------

This is my very first w/o. It is for the LEAN-N-MEAN W/O put on by sleeper54. Find out about it:

Brand new Never used nor tested .13 oz clinique eye defining duo shadow and liner Any questions, please email me.

C L I N I Q U E EYE DEFINING DUO Eye Shadow / Liner ~ DOUBLE PLUM ~Lot of 2 GREAT PRICE!DISCONTINUED SHADE AND VERY HARD TO FIND EACH IS FULL SIZE Con...