Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion (CL6044) Reviews

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion (CL6044)

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion-Yes I said "Mild" and it's Alcohol-Free to Boot!

Aug 19, 2002 (Updated Aug 19, 2002)

Pros:De-flakes, clears pores has Salicylic Acid

Cons:It doesn't come in a larger bottle

The Bottom Line: Read my lips...it clears up your skin!

Becoming a member of Epinions has improved my skin. Writing reviews and rating hasnít done a blasted thing. However, reading, meeting members and dishing about beauty products has.

I have great relationships with many of the beauty writers on Epinions and we all swap information about the beauty products we use, and the skin problems we obsess about.

My latest skin woe was the flaking and clogged pores I had. Back in January of this year (2002), my face was being impossible. After mentioning these two monkeys on my back, local beauty writer zzJulia and Kminer both recommended to me that I switch toners. I was using Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2. And it was messing up my skin.

Bless you Juls and Kimm!

The Product:
Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion is one of the least heard of, and probably least used of all the Clarifying Lotions Clinique produces. Youíve probably never heard of it have you?

Itís a toner, which helps exfoliate your skin. Many times youíd think of an exfoliater in the form of a scrub. But actually your toners are exfoliaters also. They help smooth and cleans the skin of dead skin cells...but in the form of a liquid.

This Mild Clarifying Lotion is a little different than most toners, and a lot different than any of the other Clinique toners. This toner contains no alcohol. I thought this ingredient was essential in a toner. If my face wasnít cooled and tight after toning, I didnít think the toner was working. How wrong I was.

The blessed ingredient in Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion is salicylic acid. Iíve come to believe the low percent in Clinique Mild is exactly what my skin needed. The texture is a little funky. Many toners that contain alcohol are thin in consistency. Clinique Mild is quite thick. And I canít believe Iím going to say this, but itís the texture of spit. Yes, I said spit. Itís even bubbly. ICK! But regardless of the texture, the color is pretty. It reminds me of many of the Origins products in that itís a light green, minty color.

It also doesnít absorb into the cotton ball like alcohol based toners. It kind of rests on the surface of the cotton ball until you apply it to your face.

Cliniqueís web site says this about their Mild Clarifying Lotion:
ďSpeeds cell turnover; keeping skin clear, smooth, with that Clinique glow. Now the driest and most delicate skins can reap the advantages of twice-a-day exfoliation.Ē

And the bottle markets the fact that itís a gentle exfoliating lotion for very dry, delicate skins. It de-flakes and smoothes skin. It also says it helps moisturizers work better.

Like all other Clinique products itís allergy tested and 100% Fragrance Free.

To use, just apply it onto a cotton ball, as you would any other toner, and sweep it over your face and throat area. Be sure to avoid the eye area though.

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion comes only in a 6.7 oz size bottle. All the other types of Clarifying Lotions also come in a larger 13.5-oz bottle. The cost is $10.50 whether you buy it at the Clinique counter at your local department store, or whether you buy it online at www.clinique.com or www.gloss.com.

The Ingredients:
Water purified, butylene glycol, biosaccharide gum-1, cyclodextrin, salicylic acid, millet plant glycoprotein extract, aloe, arginine, peg-10 soya sterol, ceteth-20, dimethicone, ceteth-20, kimethicone, ceteth-2, dimethicone copolyol, hexadecanol, methylparaben, d&c green no. 5, d&c yellow no.10

My Experience:
I know you readers must think Iím crazy to dedicate a review to another writer, but honestly, I have such strong feelings of gratitude that I just canít help myself.

I wonít even consider switching from this toner. No way. No how.

This is the Holy Grail of facial toners. It helps unclog my pores with the small amount (I believe itís .5%...but donít quote me on it) of salicylic acid. It also doesnít leave my face tight or burned feeling. It is in fact very mild just as the name says.

However, I donít think Clinique promotes this Clarifying Lotion. As a matter of fact, if you actually go to the counter and ask for it by name, the counter girl might even ask ďAre you sure?Ē

Many people want to over do it with their toner to get that squeaky clean feel to their skin. I did! For many years I used an alcohol-based toner. But thatís not always the best for your skin. It was causing my skin to dry out even more than it already is. It was not helping my acne problem. And it even left my skin red and itchy. But to me, that meant it was clean.

Kimm and Julia swore by this Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion. They told me I had to try it! So after waiting for a Clinique Gift With Purchase week, I went ahead and tried it. And even if it didnít work, it was only $10.50, which I felt was a reasonable price.

Once you get past the odd texture and the fact itís not stripping your face, it feels really good. The Lotion kind of rests on your skin as itís being absorbed.

I saw instant results the first week I tried Mild Clarifying Lotion. Then I got the whammy. The salicylic acid was unclogging all those pores in the form of pimples. So I had a decent break out after about three weeks of use. Once that was over, Iíve had 75% less clogged pores and 50% less pimples than before I was using Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion. Not to mention Iíve had a 75% reduction in flaky skin also. But I donít think I can contribute all of that to Clinique. I also changed cleansers and moisturizers.

If you have dry skin (I only have dry skin, so I canít recommend this either way for oily skin. However, I do know Juls and Kimm have combo skin and swear by it also) Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion would be worth a ten dollar bill to try it out. If you have flaky skin or clogged pores it would be worth your money also to try it. Iím telling you, Iíll never go back to alcohol based toners...ever!

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3

Overstock Everyday Free Shipping on Orders Over $50* *Shipping excludes PO Boxes and international orders. Home Garden Jewelry Watches Sporting Goods ...

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3--/13.5OZ

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3--/13.5OZ

Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3--/13.5OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet
Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3 13.5 oz

Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3 13.5 oz

Clinique Clarifying Moisture Lotion 3 13.5 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 13.5 Oz.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 13.5 Oz.

Domestic (USA) Shipping:In general we will ship your order same day once payment is received.We will ship your item using USPS First Class if under 13...

Mild Clarifying Lotion - Clinique

Mild Clarifying Lotion - Clinique

CliniqueMild Clarifying LotionComfortable exfoliator helps create smooth, glowing skin. Clears away pollution, grime, dulling flakes. Non-drying formu...
Neiman Marcus

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild 200ml/6.7oz by Clinique

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild 200ml/6.7oz by Clinique

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$25.50 - Clarifying Lotion Mild-200ml/6.7oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild/6.7 oz. - No Color

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild/6.7 oz. - No Color

Comfortable exfoliater helps create smooth, glowing skin. Clears away pollution, grime, dulling flakes. Non-drying formula is gentle enough for sensit...
Saks Fifth Avenue

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion

CLINIQUE Mild Clarifying Lotion QTY: 1 , Size: Full sizeÔľĆ 6.7 OZ./200 ML Condition: New , unbox ed, unsealed ( original retail packaging) Fast shipp...

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, 6.7 oz / 200ml

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, 6.7 oz / 200ml

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion. Step 2. Delicate Skin. Alcohol-free and exfoliates. Skin looks smooth and glowing. ...
Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild 6.7 oz

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild 6.7 oz

Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild 6.7 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!