Clinique Repair wear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector (000812871PN01) Reviews

Clinique Repair wear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector (000812871PN01)

Verdict Still Out on Clinique Repair Wear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector

Feb 2, 2013 (Updated Feb 2, 2013)

Pros:Reduction of wrinkles and UV damage in 4-12 weeks
63% wrinkle-reducing power of a laser procedure

Cons:Expensive
Caused me to break out

The Bottom Line: Reduce lines, wrinkles, and sun damage in 4-12 weeks with Clinique Repair Wear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector.

On one of my recent visits to the Clinique department at Macy’s,  a promotion was being offered for a four week free trial of Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle and UV damage corrector.

I was given a two week supply of the serum and a card dated two weeks later.  At the end of two weeks, I was to bring in the empty sample bottle to prove that I indeed used the serum.  Then, I was given another two week supply to continue its use.

I am approaching the end of the four week supply and the verdict is still out whether or not I will purchase this serum.

Description:

The sample bottle contains .5 fluid ounces of Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle and UV damage corrector.  The side of the bottle is marked in measurements of seven days for week one and seven days for week two, and so on.

The serum is of light consistency.  The bottle has to be shaken well to dispense a small amount of the milky white serum.  If it is not shaken well, a clear, watery liquid will be dispensed.

The serum absorbs well and dries to a somewhat matt finish.

The serum is touted to decrease lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.  Clinique’s promise is that the serum “will deliver an obvious reduction in lines and wrinkles while improving skin’s overall texture.”  You are to see these results within four weeks.  At twelve weeks, is claimed to reduce wrinkles 63% or similar to a dermatological laser procedure.

The sample bottle has a twist-off cap and the regular sized bottle has an eye dropper-like applicator of which to dispense the serum.

The serum is made for all skin types.  It is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free.

Directions:

Apply 3 to 4 drops twice daily to the face and around the eyes.  The serum may be used with any other Clinique de-aging solutions.  It is recommended to follow the application of the serum with a moisturizer.

My Experience:

As I stated above, I am approaching the end of my four week trial of this serum.  I have two fine wrinkles beginning on my forehead and appearing at the “smile” line.  I have faint smile lines at the corner of my eyes which have improved.  I cannot attribute this improvement to only the serum, for I have recently began using Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle correcting eye cream.

Truthfully, I do see somewhat of a decrease in these fine lines.  However, I don’t see improvement in overall skin texture.

When I apply the serum to my face, it readily absorbs into my skin and does not feel oily.  However, throughout the day and overnight, my face becomes oily.  On three mornings, when I awoke, I had tiny pus filled pimples which I very rarely experience.  If I do break out, I usually break out in cystic pimples which subcutaneous.  This proves to me that the serum is causing these tiny pimples.

I am not sure if this serum is compatible with Afirm3X, which is a retinol product I use frequently.  I have not used Afirm since using the serum; however, I will contact Clinique as well as my dermatologist to see if the two formulas are compatible.

My Take:

The verdict is still out as to whether or not I will continue to use this serum. I don’t know if finer lines are a good trade-off for puss filled pimples!

Cost:

A one ounce bottle of the serum retails for $44.50 and a 1.7 ounce bottle retails for $67.00.

Country of Origin:

Made in U.S.A.

Ingredients:*

Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Methyl Trimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxiane, Lauryl PEG-0 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Polysilicone-11, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’s Wort) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Plankton Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Proteine Du Petit-Lait, Pinanediol, Camphanediol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Ergothioneine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Micrococcus Lysate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Linoleic Acid, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Cholesterol, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN36513].

*Ingredients may change due to manufacturer’s discretion.

Thank you for reading my review!

Clinique Laser Focus Wrinkle And Uv Protector

Clinique Laser Focus Wrinkle And Uv Protector

CLINIQUE , 2 WEEK SUPPLY BOTTLE, .5 OZ EA, AS PICTURED LASER FOCUS, .5 OZ UV AND WRINKLE PROTECTOR GWP, MARKED NOT FOR RESALE I DO COMBINE SHIPPING NE...

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Uv Damage Corrector 1 oz

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Uv Damage Corrector 1 oz

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Uv Damage Corrector 1 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!
CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector --/1OZ

Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector --/1OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet
Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus - No Color

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus - No Color

A new formula, a second chance for every skin. What is reassuringly the same: 63 percent of the visible wrinkle-reducing power of a laser at 12 weeks....
Saks Fifth Avenue

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 7C0G 50ml/1.7oz by Clinique

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$111.50 - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 7C0G-50ml/1.7oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Clinique for Men Oil Control Face Soap with Dish

Clinique for Men Oil Control Face Soap with Dish

Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Clinique for Men Oil Control Face soap thoroughly cleanses skin, leaving it feeling fresh and comfortable and n...
Nordstrom

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Smooths, Restores, Corrects - All Skin Types Serum

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 30ml/1oz by Clinique

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$43.50 - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector-30ml/1oz - skincare / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Men's Clinique for Men Soap Bar - Extra strength

Men's Clinique for Men Soap Bar - Extra strength

CliniqueClinique for Men Soap Bar DetailsClinically formulated by Clinique's guiding dermatologists to meet men's needs with dry or average skin, this...
Neiman Marcus

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle UV Damage Corrector 100ml/3.4oz - Jumbo Size

Buy Clinique Intensive Treatments - Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector 100ml/3.4oz - Jumbo Size