Clinique 'superbalm' Tinted Lip Treatment Reviews

Clinique 'superbalm' Tinted Lip Treatment

Epinions Product Rating: OK

A super gloss! An okay balm- Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment

May 12, 2005

Pros:nice hint of color and shine; pretty good staying power; provides some moisture

Cons:a bit expensive; not a heavy-duty lip moisturizer

The Bottom Line: This is definitely more of a gloss than a balm, but I still love the hint of color and shine, and it moisturizes better than most glosses!

I have recently discovered a wonderful thing- Clinique Bonus time. It’s hard to believe a beauty product addict and bargain junkie like myself hadn’t taken advantage of this years ago! A couple of months ago, I purchased a Clinique fragrance product and got a great gift-with-purchase- a cosmetics bag filled with miniature versions of some popular Clinique products. So when I recently saw they were offering another bonus promotion, I ran out and bought a fragranced body lotion, and got another cosmetics bag full of Clinique goodies!

Included in this gift-with-purchase were two mini-tubes of Clinique tinted Superbalm. After my recent disappointment with Philosophy’s Kiss Me Red balm, I was curious if Clinique could do better with the whole tinted balm-gloss hybrid. Each mini-tube contains .14 oz. of product and comes in a tiny (1 inch) clear plastic tube. It has a screw-off cap and a slanted tip-applicator with a tiny hole to dispense the product. The full size product comes in the signature Clinique-green colored tube. I was not able to find how much product the full-size Superbalm contains. It costs $11.50 for the full-size product, which is a little more than what I normally pay for lip products, but since I’ve been so pleased with this product, I would consider buying the full-size product. And that’s saying a lot, because I usually only buy beauty products at drugstores and discount stores (and if its on sale or on clearance, that’s even better yet!)

Here is the product description and shade selection from www.clinique.com

Deeply hydrating repair for lips. Instantly provides comfort, cushion. Leaves lips with a healthy, dewy finish and just a hint of tint.

Mango Tint
Raspberry Tint
Grape Tint

Ingredients (from pamphlet that came with gift-with-purchase): polybutene, polydecene, petrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), tocopherol acetate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, betula alba (birch) extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, trictium vulgare (wheat) germ extract, retinyl palmitate, cholesterol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, lineolic acid, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, citrus grandis (grapefruit California), squalane, lavendula angustifolia (lavender), polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, mentha viridis (spearmint), caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, potassium sulfate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- (may contain) mica, titanium dioxide(ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 6 (ci 15850), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985), carmine (ci 75470), red 22 lake (ci45380), red 30 lake (ci 73360), blue 1 lake (ci ci 42090)] [iln 27491]

The shades I have are Raspberry Tint and Grape Tint. As the names imply, the Raspberry is a clear red tint, and the Grape is a clear purple tint. I would consider them both to be cool colors, but because they go on so sheer and provide just a hint of color, I think they would be flattering on a variety of skin tones. I have a fairly neutral skin tone and like to wear both warm and cool colors, and I find both of these shades just enhance the natural color of my lips.

This product applies easily enough. I just apply a small amount directly from the tube to my lips. I feel the slanted-tip applicator helps it to apply more easily than a rounded-tip applicator.

This product goes on smoothly and evenly. Right away, it feels more like a gloss than a balm. It has a slightly sticky texture, although I would describe it as more slippery with just a little bit of stickiness, enough to keep it from sliding right off my lips. But unlike most stickier glosses I have used, this surprisingly makes my lips feel soft, too. I do not have overly dry or chapped lips, but I just like the feeling of moist lips. This product has a more moisturizing feel than a typical gloss, but it does not provide as much moisture as most lip balms.

I love how this makes my lips look. It provides just a hint of color to slightly deepen the natural color of my lips. The Raspberry Tint gives my lips just a hint of pinkish-red, and the Grape Tint gives my lips just of a hint of a pinkish-purple color. They really do not show up dramatically differently on my lips, which is why I think these colors would look good on a variety of skin tones. This gives my lips great shine, without any sparkle or shimmer. It is as shiny as any lipgloss I have used.

As with all Clinique products, this has no smell or taste. This is a refreshing change from some of the strongly fragranced and flavored lip products I have used. I like the fact that I can use a grape-tinted lip product that doesn’t actually taste like grape!

The staying power of this is good, compared to any gloss or balm. It lasts about 2 hours, as long as I am not eating or drinking anything. If I am eating or drinking, obviously it wears off more quickly. It does wear off evenly, and it reapplies smoothly.

Even after the color and shine have worn off, my lips continue to feel soft and moisturized. I don’t feel the need to reapply for at least an hour or two after the color and shine have worn off (if I want the moisturizing feel- obviously if I want the color and shine I will reapply sooner.)

As an experiment I applied this before going to bed (I don’t usually wear such a glossy lip product at night time). In fact, I think my husband thought my makeup obsession had reached a whole new level, when he noticed I was going to bed with lip gloss on. When I woke up in the morning, even though it had worn completely off my lips, my lips felt soft and moisturized.

I am quite pleased with this product. Upon realizing it looks and feels more like a lip gloss than a balm, I really wasn’t expecting it to moisturize my lips at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to find it moisturized pretty well. I wouldn’t use this as my primary lip moisturizer, especially if my lips are on the dry or chapped side, but it looks great as a gloss and it moisturizes as a bonus!

This product is available at Clinique counters at department stores and online at www.clinique.com.

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment (grape Tint 01)

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment (grape Tint 01)

Superbalm Lip Treatment by Clinique for Unisex - 0.25 oz Lip Treatment This deeply hydrating balm provides a coat over lips. Repairs distressed lips a...

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint

SUPERBALM TINTED LIP TREATMENT TRAVEL SAMPLE SIZE PRODUCT : .17 OZ / 5 ML It might stated not for individual sale. COLOR : # 01 GRAPE TINT TYPE : ALL ...

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment--/0.24OZ

CLINIQUE by Clinique for WOMEN Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment--/0.24OZ

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment--/0.24OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment/0.24 oz. - No Color

Deeply hydrating balm that helps to repair distressed lips and replenishes moisture loss. 0.24 oz. - Color: No Color
Saks Fifth Avenue

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint .17 Oz / 5 Ml

Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint .17 Oz / 5 Ml

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!!BRAND: CLINIQUE DETAIL: SUPERBALM - TINTED LIP TREATMENT COLOR: 01 GRAPE TINT Stock photo - color as listed SAMPLE / TRAVEL SI...

Saks Fifth Avenue

3 Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint .17 Oz / 5 Ml

3 Clinique Superbalm Tinted Lip Treatment 01 Grape Tint .17 Oz / 5 Ml

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment - Fair - Clinique

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment - Fair - Clinique

Deeply hydrating lip treatment helps repair dry, distressed lips and replenish moisture loss. Rich emollients comfort, give lips a satiny-smooth look ...

Clinique superbalm lip treatment--7ml/0.24oz women

Clinique superbalm lip treatment--7ml/0.24oz women

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment--7ml/0.24oz WOMEN
Clinique Women Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment Ml

Clinique Women Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment Ml

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment--7ml/0.24ozPLEASE NOTE CLINIQUE DOES NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY.
DrJays.com