Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner 32 oz (044600004501) Reviews

Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner 32 oz (044600004501)

Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner

Mar 10, 2012

Pros:Cleans well, environmentally friendly, pleasant scent that doesn't linger, mild, not tested on animals

Cons:Does not disinfect, but works well for intended purposes.

The Bottom Line: Recommended for most basic cleaning needs. This product cleans well, leaves a fresh, clean scent, and is good for the environment as well.

As part of our effort to go green, we decided to try Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner. The bottle is clear, and contains a mildly scented green liquid. Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner comes in a 32 ounce spray bottle for between $3-4 locally, or you can buy it online either by the individual bottle or by the case. According to the label, this cleanser is made from 97% natural, plant and mineral-based ingredients that are biodegradable. This means that it is better for the environment than many other products, for around the same price.

One of the most important things I look for in a cleaner is how well it works, and this product definitely makes the grade there. Although it does not contain a disinfectant, it does a great job of cleaning just about any surface I have tried it on. It easily handles most tasks without any harsh smells and without leaving any sort of residue behind. I have used it on many of my kitchen and bathroom surfaces, including everything from the counters, sinks, showers, stove tops, chrome, appliances, ceramic tiles, and everything in between. I have always been pleased with the results.

The spray bottle is easy to use, and the trigger sprayer works well, providing a strong, even spray. It is easy to spray this cleaner onto most surfaces, then wipe clean with a cloth or paper towel. This is not my only cleaner for the kitchen and bathroom because I like to use a disinfecting cleaner too. I use it often for quick cleanups between deep cleanings though, and it does a wonderful job of shining up counter tops, sinks, and other surfaces.

One thing I will say though is that this is a mild cleanser, and although it handles almost every mess I have used it on, it may not be strong enough for some tough stains. I haven't tried it on oven spills and baked on messes, but as for average, everyday cleaning tasks, it works great. It is mild, and therefore gentle to the hands, and being a non-corrosive cleanser, it wouldn't surprise me if there may be a few jobs that are beyond its strength. This isn't a big deal though, because I can still use it for 99% of all my kitchen tasks, and I think that is great.

Unlike many other cleansers, Clorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner has a fresh, clean scent that doesn't irritate my senses like some of the harsh chemical cleansers I have tried in the past. It has a mild lemon-lime aroma, mixed with perhaps a hint of a floral scent, that is rather pleasant to the nose. It leaves a clean, fresh scent that doesn't linger like some stronger cleansers. It works well on most household surfaces, however if using on any surfaces that might be sensitive to cleansers, you should test in an inconspicuous spot, just to be sure. For most surfaces though, it does a great job with no problems.

Ingredients

Filtered Water, Coconut-based Cleaning Agent (nonionic sufactant: alkyl polyglucoside), corn-based ethanol (ethanol SDA-3C), Glycerine, Fragrance with Essential Oil, Biodegradable Preservative, Blue and Yellow Colorant.

Does not contain any phosphorus or bleach.

Join my Environmentally Friendly write-off!

Help?Policies FAQs Contact

New on eBay I apprecite your business :-) NEW GreenWorks All Purpose Cleaner 32 Fluid Ounce Spray Bottle (Pack of 3) Buy it now price $23.16 $30.95 De...