Coby CX-61 FM Radio Reviews

Coby CX-61 FM Radio

Now I know why it was only 5 bucks

Mar 2, 2007
Rated Show

Pros:Small, Cheap

Cons:Mediocre reception, horrible headphones, dim backlight

I got this radio to take on my daily runs and thought that 5 dollars was a bargain for a portable radio of this size. Overall, it's a nice size but because the radio is a cylinder it was awkward in my pocket and I had to wear a running waist pack to really use it on a run. The reception was mediocre. The sound quality was also abysmal through the supplied lanyard headphones. After listening with them after I opened the package the headphones went into the trash.

To find a station with the radio, you have to push the scan button which cycles through receivable stations until the one you want is tuned in. The backlight display is very dim and not of particular use. Although, it does have a digital readout to display the station that it is tuned to.

Overall, this radio is what you expect for 5 dollars: Average reception capability, poor to average sound quality, no frills except for the digital display. Basically, I went back out and spent more on a better portable audio player.

COBY Pocket FM Scan Radio with Digital Display CX61 Radio's are getting hard to find, This one is perfect for on the go Easy enough to stash away in y...

Product Details Sensitive FM tuner with lighted digital display Sleek and compact design, weighs just a few ounces Uses two AAA batteries, not include...
Features: Unit measures approximately 1 x 3.5 x 1 Material: Metal, plastic. Color: White, Orange, Silver. Weight: 3 lbs.