Coleman 2 Burner Propane Stove 5430E700 - 076501201284 Reviews

Coleman 2 Burner Propane Stove 5430E700 - 076501201284

Coleman Two-Burner Propane Stove

Dec 17, 2010 (Updated May 9, 2011)

Pros:Burns Clean! Heats Evenly! Cooks Quickly! Built Well! Carry It With You!

Cons:Designed To Use Small Propane Cylinders. Needs Hose Adapter To Use On Large Propane Tanks!

The Bottom Line: If your looking for a stove to take on camping trips, or to use when the power goes out at home, this is the stove to buy.

Here is one of those things that are great for camping, or when the power goes out. Without buying a expensive generator to run on the house, I have been trying to prepare for power outages around here. So, what I decided to go with, is the Coleman Two-Burner Propane Stove.

When the power is out, weather its freezing or not, everybody has to cook. If you don't cook food, then your going to be eating only sandwiches at best. However, when your body does endure freezing temperatures for an extended amount of time, its even more important to get a warm cooked meal down you!

COMPANY INFO: Before the company was born, W.C. Coleman was a typewriter salesman, not the best job in the world, but it put food on the table. Back in these days, all lanterns were kerosene based, and they burned smoky and with a flashy flame. One night Coleman decided to go on a nights stroll and discovered a new type of lamp in a local drug store. This light burned on gasoline, and provided a nice steady white burning flame, which in the end was more efficient. So, a new company was born, and in 1905, Coleman demonstrated what his new gas lamps were capable of.

Today, Coleman is the biggest supplier of camping gear of all sorts, including the propane stoves and lanterns.

FEATURES: "Compact propane camping stove with pair of 10,000 BTU burners." "PerfectFlow system regulates fuel pressure to provide consistent heat." "Independently adjustable burner controls; pair of WindBlock side panels." "1 propane cylinder provides enough fuel for 1 hour (both burners) on high setting." "Measures 23.25 x 5.5 x 14.75 inches (W x H x D) when closed; 3-year warranty."

GENERAL INFO: Just a little FYI, in order to use my new Coleman propane stove on my 20-gallon propane tank, I had to purchase a high-pressure hose adapter. I talk about this in a separate review at the link bellow.

Coleman High Pressure Hose Adapter

EXPERIENCE: I have used barbecue grills before, but none of them have been as good as this propane stove. Granted, you can't grill anything on a stove, however, these stoves are so much more efficient then that of a grill.

ASSEMBLY: Putting the stove together is super simple. First of all, when closed, this grill is shaped like a suit case, and is easy to carry with you wherever you go. Set your stove on the ground or on a table and open the latch. Then swing out the wind breakers from the lid and attach them to the stove. Then attach the tank's propane line to the regulator unit, and then attach the regulator unit to the stove. Now all you have to do is place a match or barbecue lighter over the burners, and open the valves, and the burners will be lit.

Always remember to have the valves closed first before putting a flame over the burners, as this is how the manual recommends, then you can open the valves to ignite the gas. For my purpose's of this propane stove, I just use a barbecue lighter, and it seems to work just fine.

Unlike a grill which does not burn clean, and the grill gets charred and dirty, these stoves burn very clean, and the stove top grill does not get dirty. There is no need to put food directly onto the stove, as this stoves burner system, heats so efficiently and evenly, that all food inside a pot or pan, will get cooked well.

The ergonomics of the stove is not too bad, its designed very well. The wind breakers on each side are designed to keep the wind away, and more of the heat against the pot or pan. The burner adjustment valves are a bit sensitive, meaning very little movement, makes a big difference in the flame.

From my experience, a small flame is perfect for frying eggs, bacon, sausage. While the higher burner flame is good for getting water boiling. I timed how long it took to get the water to boil, and it was around 10-minutes. But some of that was trial and error on my part, since it was my first time using the stove.

I can not emphasize enough how cleanly this stove burns! I have had two propane grills, and both of them stinked like propane weather the flame was lit or not. Years of experience has taught me to hate propane grilling. This is why I was so surprised after firing up my new Coleman propane stove, I can't smell a single thing, I'm not kidding! There is not a single bit of odor that I can detect from this stove!

However, be that as it may, do not let me make you think you can run this inside your enclosed house. While this propane stove does burn very cleanly, it still puts out carbon monoxide, and it still consumes oxygen. This is why I recommend that you run this outside, or inside your garage. The area needs to be well ventilated. If you are out camping, of course, please do not run this inside your tent or RV.

CONCLUSION: This stove is made in the USA. I really like the metal construction of this Coleman stove, it seems to be well built, yet light enough to carry. And if you ever do get the stove dirty, it is easy to clean. But the things I like most about it, is the fact that it heats evenly, and burns cleanly. Having two-burners, allows me to cook two things at once, so there is no wait. Weather your camping, or just using this at home during a power outage, this is the stove to get. I have had no problems with it what so ever, and I highly recommend it! 5-STARS!

Coleman 14,000 BTU Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove

Coleman 14,000 BTU Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove

If you go on camping trips frequently, the Coleman Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove will surely be on your must-haves list. This camping fuel stove works with...

Coleman 5 High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter Stove   12012805011031

Coleman 5 High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter Stove 12012805011031

Use your Coleman campsite propane appliances with a handy 20 lb. bulk propane cylinder (sold separately) Hose features connectors to attach propane ap...
Bass Pro Shops

Single Burner Propane Stove

Single Burner Propane Stove

Find camp stoves and ovens at Target.com! Single burner propane stove

Coleman Dual Fuel Stove and 2 Mantle Lantern Value Bundle

Coleman Dual Fuel Stove and 2 Mantle Lantern Value Bundle

Coleman Dual Fuel Stove and 2 Mantle Lantern Value Bundle includes: Coleman 14,000 BTU Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove Coleman 2-Mantle Dual Fuel Lantern

Coleman High-pressure Propane Hose And Adapter, Free Shipping,

Coleman High-pressure Propane Hose And Adapter, Free Shipping,

Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter Features:5-Feet long adapter Connects appliance to refillable 20-Pound propane cylinder (not included)G...

Coleman Nxt Stove Grate For Nxt 100, 200 & 300 Propane Grills

Coleman Nxt Stove Grate For Nxt 100, 200 & 300 Propane Grills

Nxt Stove Grate for NXT 100, 200 300 Grills NXT Grill Accessory NXT Stove Get more meals out of your Coleman NXT Grill by adding a Coleman NXT Stove G...

Coleman Dual-Fuel 2 Burner Stove

Coleman Dual-Fuel 2 Burner Stove

The versatile Coleman Dual-FuelTM 2-burner camp stove runs on white gas or unleaded auto gas so you'll always be ready to cook up a tasty meal.
REI

Coleman 5' High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter

Coleman 5' High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter

Coleman 5' High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter for sale from Academy Sports + Outdoors
Academy Sports and Outdoors