Colgate Palmolive 360 Degree Toothbrush Sonic Power Medium 1 ea Reviews

Colgate Palmolive 360 Degree Toothbrush Sonic Power Medium 1 ea

Colgate 360 Sonic Power: Start Your Day with Some Good Vibrations

Sep 30, 2008 (Updated Sep 30, 2008)

Pros:

Better cleaning than with a manual brush; Reasonable price

Cons:Makes gums bleed; Battery doesn't last very long

The Bottom Line: This toothbrush offers an efective means toward cleaner teeth and gums.

Toothbrushes are sold in two major categories: Manual and electric, with many variations on these two main categories. I tend to stick with manual toothbrushes, but there are some electric varieties that have caught my attention due to their unique style, cleaning claims, or other features. One electric toothbrush that I have owned for a couple of months is the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush, a vibrating toothbrush.

Basic Facts About This Product:

The Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is a curvy toothbrush with a large handle that is ergonomically designed to make it easy to hold. The handle also includes a thumb grip area in the middle for better handling and control. Also located in the center is a push button that needs to be depressed to start the vibrating action.

The brush of the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is different from most other toothbrushes. It features three areas of circular bristles (referred to by Colgate as polishing cups), which are designed to gently remove stains. Surrounding these three circular areas are curved sections of raised bristles that help to clean harder to reach areas. These are enclosed by multi- functional bristles that are similar to the bristles on a traditional toothbrush. These help to remove additional plaque between teeth and along the gum line.

Flip the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush over to its backside and you will see the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush's tongue and cheek cleaner. This cleaner is comprised of dozens of small, rubber/plastic tips that massage the cheeks as you brush the sides of your molars. With the vibration turned on, this can also be used to effectively clean the tongue. It helps to eliminate odor and disease causing bacteria.

Other Facts:

The Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush delivers 20,000 strokes per minute, consisting of tiny vibrations that set the head of the brush in constant motion. The Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is powered by a single AAA battery and is offered in four different colors: Green, Blue, Purple, and Orange. The brush head is not replaceable.

Final Thoughts:

Toothbrushes are, like most products, something I like to experiment with and it is rare that I purchase the same toothbrush twice in a row. With so many styles and options to choose from- as well as so many claims about the cleaning superiority from one toothbrush to the next- my curiosity always gets the best of me when I select a toothbrush. I want to try out different toothbrushes, discover new ways of cleaning, and find out which toothbrushes work better than others.

Manual toothbrushes are usually the type I select, but every now and then, I will choose something different and reach for electric. I would say that four out of every five toothbrushes I have ever purchased have been of the manual variety, not simply because they are less expensive, but also because they require less upkeep. You don't have to worry about battery replacement or the availability of electrical outlets when you use a manual toothbrush. You can take them wherever you go and they can always be pulled out and used wherever running water is present.

Even though manual toothbrushes are my brush of choice, the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush did seem interesting enough to give it a try. I like that it is an individual electric toothbrush and doesn't require the purchase of a full set of brushes for the entire family. I also like that it is priced at only $5.99, which is a bargain price for an electric toothbrush. These factors and others convinced me that the time was right for a vibrating brush, so I made the purchase.

I have been using the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush for a couple of months now, alternating with a manual toothbrush. And from my experience, the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is a very good toothbrush that delivers an above- average level of cleaning. The sonic action is activated by pressing the button in the middle of the brush and the vibrations get to work immediately when they touch your teeth and gums. Where I notice the greatest difference is the area of the teeth right at the gum line. The Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush has slightly extended bristles on the edges and these help to clean at and even above the gum line for the best cleaning possible. I can see a noticeable difference when I brush with the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush. With a manual brush, I can often see some bits of plaque still on my teeth, right at the point where the teeth and gums meet. But this problem is drastically reduced with the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush.

The tongue/check cleaner on the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is useful, although nothing spectacular, like the manufacturer claims. Yes, it does offer some nice massaging action on the cheeks as you brush, but to be honest I don't even notice it very much. I don't know if it's because the massaging action isn't that good or because my attention is focused more on the direct cleaning. I'm going to vote for the latter, because if I concentrate, I can certainly notice the massaging action. And for tongue cleaning, the difference is also more noticeable- not just the massaging action but also the feeling of cleanliness and reduction of odor.

Looking for cons, I can find only a few faults with the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush. One is its tendency to make the gums bleed. If you have hypersensitive gums, there is a good chance the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush will make your gums gush with blood due to the vibration and pressure placed on the gums. Even those without sensitive gums will notice a little more bleeding than usual. And since the tips of this particular brush are medium in hardness, they are more likely to roughhouse with one's gums in the first place. Add to that the vibrating action and your mouth could turn into a bloody mess.

Another complaint with the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is its battery life and replacement. Depending on how often you brush and for how long, the AAA battery may not last very long. I had to replace mine after about six weeks and it is close to needing replacement again. The bottom of the brush handle has to be pulled out to release and replace the battery. It is simple enough, but the inconvenience of battery replacement may cause some to reconsider this toothbrush.

Overall, in spite of its inconveniences and tendency to cause bleeding, the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is a very good toothbrush for daily cleaning. Clinical studies have proven the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush is superior to the leading manual toothbrushes for removing plaque and for a price of only about six dollars per toothbrush, this is certainly an electric toothbrush worth trying. It won't work for everyone, but I find the Colgate 360 Sonic Power Toothbrush a very effective means toward cleaner, whiter teeth and fresher breath.

Colgate Palmolive 55510 Full Soft Head Extra Clean Toothbrush (pack Of 3)

Colgate Palmolive 55510 Full Soft Head Extra Clean Toothbrush (pack Of 3)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Colgate Palmolive 55510 Full Soft Head Extra Clean Toothbrush (Pack Of 3) COLGATE PALMOLIVE TOOTHBRUSH Ex...

Colgate-Palmolive Powered Toothbrush ColgateŽ 360 Sonic Power Soft, 2EA/PK, 6PK/CS - MON68201700

The Colgate 360 Sonic toothbrush is an electric ultrasonic toothbrush that helps you clean your teeth betterThe curvy tooth brush has a large ergonomi...
BettyMills.com

Colgate Palmolive 55501 Soft Head Toothbrush - Cpc55501

Colgate Palmolive 55501 Soft Head Toothbrush - Cpc55501

+ Add Shoplet to Favorite Sellers Colgate Palmolive 55501 Soft Head Toothbrush - CPC55501 Full-size head toothbrush has soft, end-rounded bristles. Hy...

Colgate-Palmolive 68910 Wisp Miniature Toothbrush, Peppermint

Colgate-Palmolive 68910 Wisp Miniature Toothbrush, Peppermint

Single-use mini toothbrush allows easy, convenient hygiene on the go. Built-in freshening bead dispenses minty flavor without need of water or toothpa...
homelectrical
Colgate-palmolive Toothbrush, Colgate, 40 Tuft, Med Bristles - Mededs55110

Colgate-palmolive Toothbrush, Colgate, 40 Tuft, Med Bristles - Mededs55110

SKU: MEDEDS55110 ITEM TITLE Colgate-Palmolive Toothbrush, Colgate, 40 Tuft, Med Bristles - MEDEDS55110 Brand: Colgate-Palmolive Condition: New Sold By...

Colgate-Palmolive 55501 Colgate White Full-Size Head Soft End-Rounded Bristles Toothbrush

Full-size head. Soft, end-rounded bristles. Hygienically cello-wrapped. ADA Compliant. 144 toothbrushes per case. (Colgate-Palmolive 55501)
homelectrical
Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color

Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color

Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color. Mesh poufs work up rich lathers with any shower gel or liquid soap and gently cleans th...
Groupon

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste -  Colgate -  2.8 Oz

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste - Colgate - 2.8 Oz

Pleasant-tasting toothpaste has fluoride for cavity prevention Colgate Toothpaste Offers Proven Cavity Protection
Total Diabetes Supply

Colgate-Palmolive Oxygen Bleach Powder Cleanser, 21oz Container

Colgate-Palmolive Oxygen Bleach Powder Cleanser, 21oz Container

Calcite-based, nonchlorinated, economical cleanser for chrome, porcelain, ceramic tile and other durable surfaces. A great choice when chlorine- or am...