Colgate Palmolive Total Dental Floss Large 150 Yd Dispenser

Colgate Total Dental Floss

Dec 30, 2007

Pros:Single fiber material resists shredding. Strong and flat.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Colgate Total Dental Floss is a great sturdy floss! It works great on tight teeth.

Since I've had some crown work done to my back molars, I've found it necessary to floss my teeth on a regular basis. I am 52 years old, and I hate to floss, and have never made it a part of my oral hygiene routine.

The crown on my left side is not spaced well, and I am continually getting food particles stuck between my teeth. The only way to remove them is to floss. I have tried a lot of brands, some of which I love and others I dislike very much.

Right now I have two favorites: Oral-B and Colgate Total. Both of these styles of floss are a bit different from conventional waxed strands of floss, and they simply work better.

Description of Colgate Total

Colgate Total floss comes in a rectangular shaped plastic dispenser that holds 150 yards of floss. The dispenser is white, with a red label reading "Colgate Total" in white and gold letters.

The container has a cover that opens easily to reveal the floss coming out of a hole in the left top. You simply pull it out to the desired length, and cut it on the metal spout located on the top right side.

If the floss gets stuck inside the dispenser, you can easily pull it apart to get to the roll of floss, which resembles a bobbin of yarn.

This floss doesn't look like many other flosses, it's more of a thin flat ribbon, rather than a skinny piece of string.

Distinctive Features

* Micro-crystalline coated floss
* Slides easily between tight contacts
* Single strand Teflon fiber
* Non-shredding
* Available in mint, fluoride or regular
* Carries the American Dental Assoc. Seal of Acceptance

Thoughts

If you have been frustrated during the flossing process, you're not alone. I've tried so many varieties of floss that will shred and leave tiny strands between my teeth!

Even my dental hygienist has challenges when she flosses my teeth, because a few of them are very tight, and she ends up not even trying to pull the floss back up through the teeth, she just pulls it down to the gums, and slides it out. I HATE the feeling when she does that, and where is the plaque going when she does that?

I do agree that we need daily flossing for the health of our teeth and gums, it's just getting into the habit of doing it every day. With my molar problem, I usually floss a few times a day.

I've used many kinds of floss that shred, even the super fine styles, and had almost given up on floss. But the Colgate Total is made a little differently, because it's a single strand of plastic like material, as compared to others floss's made out of multi-filament strands.

Colgate Total has a tartar control coating, and allows the floss to glide in and out of the teeth much smoother, without snagging or shredding.

The small sized dispensers go into a purse or backpack easily. When at home, I also like to use the dental picks that look similar to a toothbrush, but this type is too big to add to a purse.

Colgate Total floss is available in the toothpaste aisle, and one container will last for a month or so, depending on how much you use. The company recommends you break off 18 inches at a time, but I only use about a foot for each flossing.

If you are looking for a good, shred resistant floss, you might want to give Colgate Total a try.

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste -  Colgate -  2.8 Oz

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste - Colgate - 2.8 Oz

Pleasant-tasting toothpaste has fluoride for cavity prevention Colgate Toothpaste Offers Proven Cavity Protection
Total Diabetes Supply

Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color

Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color

Colgate Palmolive 10-Pack of Mesh Pouf Sponges in Multi-Color. Mesh poufs work up rich lathers with any shower gel or liquid soap and gently cleans th...
Groupon

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-oz - Mededs74187

Colgate-palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-oz - Mededs74187

SKU: MEDEDS74187 ITEM TITLE Colgate-Palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-Oz - MEDEDS74187 Brand: Colgate-Palmolive Condition: New Sold By: Per Ca...

Colgate Total Whitning Gel 6oz Colgate-palmolive Co Pack Of 3

Colgate Total Whitning Gel 6oz Colgate-palmolive Co Pack Of 3

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Colgate Total Whitning Gel 6Oz Colgate-Palmolive Co Pack of 3 COLGATE TOTAL WHITNING GEL 6OZ Payments We ...

Colgate-Palmolive 14290 Soft Powder Cleaner-21-oz

Colgate-Palmolive 14290 Soft Powder Cleaner-21-oz

Eliminate greasy stains and soils from your beautiful countertops and other surfaces. The chlorinating agents, detergents and grease cutters in this p...
homelectrical
Colgate-Palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-Oz - MEDEDS74187

Colgate-Palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-Oz - MEDEDS74187

Colgate-Palmolive Toothpaste, Colgate, Total, .75-OzColgate Toothpaste: This pleasant-tasting toothpaste has fluoride for cavity prevention.
BettyMills.com

Colgate-Palmolive Oxygen Bleach Powder Cleanser, 21oz Container

Colgate-Palmolive Oxygen Bleach Powder Cleanser, 21oz Container

Calcite-based, nonchlorinated, economical cleanser for chrome, porcelain, ceramic tile and other durable surfaces. A great choice when chlorine- or am...

Colgate Palmolive 95360 14-Oz. Cleanser,Pack of 3

Colgate Palmolive 95360 14-Oz. Cleanser,Pack of 3

Features: 14-ounces tin Easy rinse formula; starch free Contains no phosphates Cleans chrome, porcelain, ceramic tile and other durable surfaces Made ...