An AWESOME travel stroller!
Sep 11, 2009 (Updated Sep 11, 2009)
a Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
User Rating: Excellent
Ease of Use:
Pros:lightweight, easy to fold, very compact when folded, 5 point harness, carrying strap
Cons:basket is small with a bar going through it, handle slightly low
The Bottom Line: We definitely recommend this stroller, especially as a travel stroller!
We have a full size stroller that we use regularly, but when we went on our first vacation this past summer, we decided to look for a more lightweight stroller for ease of going on and off the plane as well as public transit.
Recommend this product?
We LOVE this stroller as a travel stroller. I wouldn't recommend it as the main stroller that you use since it doesn't seem quite as sturdy as the full size ones, but it is an EXCELLENT 2nd stroller for travelling, especially on public transit.
- lightweight - it weighs only about 12 pounds
- 5-point harness - we loved that it had a five point harness (the Combi Flare has only a 3 point)
- easy to fold - the folding design is quite neat and it folds in on itself to make a nice little package
- stands alone - when folded, it stands alone which is great for when you just need to put it down for a second or for storage
- carrying strap - we didn't think that this feature would be very important, but it was SO handy to have the strap and throw it over our shoulder while travelling
- safety bar - when we were testing out strollers, our 2 year old always looked a bit nervous when in a stroller without a safety bar, and it made us feel better that there is a bar there in case he leans too far forward
- weight restriction - this stoller holds children up to 45 pounds! a lot of other strollers only go up to 30 or 33 pounds, and we were buying a stroller for a toddler
- we didn't use the basket too much since we were folding and unfolding the stroller every time we got onto public transit, but there is an annoying bar that runs right through the basket
- the height of the handle is just a little bit too short. I'm 5'5" and it's ok for me, but my 5'11" husband finds that after pushing the stroller for a while, the handle was a bit short (the Flare has a higher handle which we really liked, but it only has a 3 point harness)
In the end, we were REALLY REALLY happy with this stroller. We still use it when we take public transit or when we know we're going somewhere where it will be crowded since it's more compact than our full size one. We definitely recommend this stroller!
Read more product reviews on Combi Cosmo Jade Standard Single Seat Stroller
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): 99
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months
Share this product review with your friends