Comfort Suites Terre Haute

Average place to stay on busy exit I-70 and Hwy 41

Nov 5, 2004 (Updated Jan 7, 2005)

Pros:clean, close to exit, slept fine after fixing bed.

Cons:heavily traveled exit, lacks extra touches, sleeper sofa was unrepaired from previous usage.

The Bottom Line: If you need a place to stay, this is one of them at this exit. It was clean but could use some extra touches.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at 501 E. Margaret Ave., Terre Haute Indiana in October 2004.
It's located just off the exit of Interstate 70 and Highway 41. Probably 8 other hotels are within a quarter mile of this popular exit. It's located on the north side of I-70 2-3 doors down and behind a gas station next to the highway.

We noticed that most of the other motels at this exit were full and the Comfort Inn looked near capacity also. Our guess is this is often the case and the rooms go quickly here.

While it was clean, it was fairly generic in all respects. With high capacity rates every night, I suppose it's not necessary to go the extra mile.

We had arranged in advance for a room with 2 beds but when we arrived the front desk had given that out to someone else. They basically said that ordering on the web site didn't matter to them, they used a different system.

We did get a room with a bed and a couch with a bed in it.
The sleeper sofa in the room was slightly broken, and unrepaired by the looks of it for some time. We managed to rig it up so it wouldn't collapse on us and we slept fine afterwards.

The bathroom was sparse and not decorated. It was clean and fine but someone really should put those extra touches in a room or bathroom in my opinion.

The hotel has an indoor pool and small spa on the first floor around the corner from the front desk. The pool is small about 18' by 14'. The pool isn't deep but suitable for children. The pool room has an absence of decoration.

The staff were friendly and the breakfast was fine.
However, everyone seemed to have problems figuring out how to operate the microwave oven.