Comfortaire Celenia Mattress Reviews

Comfortaire Celenia Mattress

So you want to buy an air bed? Read this first please and SAVE$$$$

Jan 17, 2006

Pros:everything about this mattress is wonderful

Cons:must have a flat level foundation with little or no give

The Bottom Line: Buy this brand at least if not this model. do not buy the foundation as you can use your own if it is in good shape.

Buying a bed of any sort can be expensive and we spend 1/3 of our lives on them. These are the 2 statements I boiled my decision down to. I had 2000.00 dollars (fortunately I needed only half of that much to my surprise!!! I spent approx 8-10 hours to do this on the internet and fortunately I also knew people who bought the SLEEP NUMBER air bed and paid 3000.00 for their Sleep number. I am not knocking their bed as I KNOW that to get a good nights sleep some people will just spend, spend, spend. I decided on the Celenia by Comfortaire initially because it is essentially the same bed as the top Sleep Number but it costs about half as much due to the fact that with Comfortaire you are not paying for the actors and infomercials. Comfortaire doesn't use fittings on their hoses, less chance for leaks and they also weren't sued because of mold problems inside the mattress itself. As a final note Sleep number was founded by someone from Comfortaire, nuff said. Now to find the best deal, I wound up at Elixa.com which is an amazing etailer as I have just found out from buying this bed from them in November 2005. I ended up with a demo model with full warranty for 1049.00 delivered. I also believe that elixa.com has the best prices on all of the Comfortaire line. The bed itself is incredibly easy to set up with the only problem being making sure the hoses do not kink where they exit the mattress. I also suggest that you get the viscofoam topper (think Tempurpedic foam). One other thing I have done is to buy a Lambs wool topper to put over the mattress because I have a tendency to sweat and I have found that the Lambs wool topper makes this bed PERFECT for me. my (SLEEP NUMBER) is 75 which reminds me I heard that the Sleep Number beds in essence only have 20 true adjustments but the Celenia has actually 100. The Whisperquiet motor is by no means necessary to get and you will probably only hear it a couple of times a week for only a minute anyways but I love it. In summation GREAT bed with the foam topper. make sure your "box spring" foundation is a FLAT LEVEL SURFACE WITH LITTLE OR NO GIVE! Add a Lambswool topper (smartbargains.com for a Sealy wool luxury topper 45 dollars delivered instead of 150.00)and all this for only 1100.00 from elixa.com

Comfortaire Majestic Air Mattress Only White Full

Comfortaire Majestic Air Mattress Only White Full

Comfortaire stratus™-Queen

Comfortaire stratus™-Queen

Comfortaire wood foundations provide an ideal base for our mattresses. Each joint in the Cirrus is glued to reduce noise, then fastened with two (2) s...

Comfortaire Majestic Air Mattress Only White King

SSears-O-Pedic Majestic Air Mattress by Comfortaire features premium knit fabric with 6 in air cores and 3.25 comfortpad

Comfortaire stratus™-Twin