Compaq 1550

You cant imagine how good is it

Jan 3, 2001

Pros:Unbeatable cost/ benefit relation

Cons:No color

In plain english: this PDA is, simply put: THE BEST BUY if you dont need a color display. There is no need to look around anymore, here you will find the perfect example of what a superb PDA should do for you, considering the cost/benefit.

The 1550 is lightweight, ultra slim, fitting easily in my suits inner pockets without a hassle. It fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, with the "Q", scroll and voice recorder buttons within the reach of your thumb. Lefties will not be amused by this feature, but for me the location is ideal.

The new Windows CE OS, known as Pocket PC, is incredibly similar to Windows 98/2000, in terms of menu selections and usage. The interface is very familiar and you should be flying through it in no time. One huge advantage over Palm devices is the excellent software already available, and the use of compactflash memory expansion cards that allows your pocket pc to grow in storage capacity up to 128 MB. The drawback is the whopping $3 USD per MB price you end up paying for extra memory.

With this in mind, your Aero 1550 can be (almost)everything you want it to be: with Pocket versions of Excel and Word, a superb mini-Outlook, media player and MS Reader ( for reading ebooks), this device will be your desktop´s little kid. I find it to be extremely useful at meetings, where I carry the documents in my Pocket PC and perform the modifications on the spot. Use the USB connector and ask for a printer..voilá!

Synchronization with its "mom" (a.k.a your desktop) is fast and reliable: every contact, note, appointment, email and task will be updated between them. Besides, I always have 3 or 4 games to ease my stress while waiting flights, long commutes, delayed meetings, etc. My favorite feature, however, is the excellent alternative available trough audible books (www.audible.com), where you can download and play your favorite books, narrated by voice, so you can even listen to them while your drive. The ideal storyteller.

Bottom line: does everything the color PDA´s with Pocket PC/OS do, but without the color. 16 megs is plenty of memory, unless you intend to listen to a lot of MP3 files, on which case I recommend buying a specialized device such as a Rio Player or a Creative Labs Nomad.

If you are a wise spender, save the extra $300 bucks and go for this one.
A respectable amount of software can be found for free on the web, and the optional modem or LAN adapter can turn this device in your desktop´s "Mini-Me"...internet and email capabilities included.

Compaq N800c N800v 2800 Genuine Keyboard 285280-001

Compaq N800c N800v 2800 Genuine Keyboard 285280-001

* We have 100%positive feedback scores * Please bid with confidence * We also carry genuine DELL AC adapters LCd screen Motherboard Repair Laptops* ~ ...

(Used) Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Laptop 15.6 2GB 250GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Used)
HP-Compaq Single Channel PCI Raid Smart 2SL Array Controller Card. New

HP-Compaq Single Channel PCI Raid Smart 2SL Array Controller Card. New

HP-Compaq Single Channel PCI Raid Smart 2SL Array Controller Card. New Reatail Factory sealed With Full Manufacturer Warranty.

Hp Compaq Proliant Ml570 325251-001 G2, 4 X 2.8ghz 6gb Ram 3 X 72.8gb Hdd's

Hp Compaq Proliant Ml570 325251-001 G2, 4 X 2.8ghz 6gb Ram 3 X 72.8gb Hdd's

HP COMPAQ PROLIANT ML570 G2 4x2.8GHz 6GB RAM 3 x 72.8GB HDD's MANUFACTURER: HP Compaq Model: Proliant ML570R02 Processor(s): Intel 2.8GHz Xeon Process...
HP Compaq 1920 x 1080 L2311c 23 LED Backlit Notebook Docking LCD Monitor

HP Compaq 1920 x 1080 L2311c 23 LED Backlit Notebook Docking LCD Monitor

23 Widescreen LCD display, with LED backlight technology. Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Quill.com

Compaq Evo N600c series AC adapter 338136-001

Compaq Evo N600c series AC adapter 338136-001

To save time and reduce mistakes, please check our battery/adapter bundles.Compatible Parts Num. for 338136-001 380467-001, 380467-001, ...
HP-Compaq Redundant Fibre Channel Array Controller With 64MB Buffer Fo

HP-Compaq Redundant Fibre Channel Array Controller With 64MB Buffer Fo

HP-Compaq Redundant Fibre Channel Array Controller With 64MB Buffer For Raid Array. New Retail Factory Sealed With Full Manufacturer Warranty.

In Box Black And Silver Compaq 267145-008 Ps/2 Ps2 Easy Access Keyboard

In Box Black And Silver Compaq 267145-008 Ps/2 Ps2 Easy Access Keyboard

You are bidding on: New in Box Compaq Easy Access Keyboard Model: 267145-008 Interface: PS/2 Color: Black and Silver 30 Day Warranty Bid with Confiden...