Comtrex Cold & Cough Relief

Kiss those nasty cold symptoms goodbye!

Oct 27, 2000

Pros:Relieves all cold symptoms

Cons:size of pills, can cause drowsiness

Once again cold season is upon us and it's time to pull out the trusted Comtrex Cold & Cough Relief. Why Comtrex and not Tylenol, Sudafed, or some other form of cold relief? The answer is plain and simple for me, Comtrex works on all of my cold symptoms and although it does cause some drowsiness, I can function throughout the day with my children.

Comtrex Cold & Cough Relief is a multi-symptom/maximum strength formula for those nasty colds that usually plague us with the changing weather and also those dreaded winter colds. The array of symptoms this medicine treats are: stuffy nose, sneezing, runny nose, fever, headache, sore throat, coughing and body aches and pains. As you can see, Comtrex can treat a multitude of symptoms to give you relief to go about your day and get a restful sleep at night.

The one they show on here are the tablets, but I have the liqui-gels. They come in a box of 24 tablets (or liqui-gels) and it is marketed for adults and children 12 years of age or older. Don't give this medicine to a child under the age of 12 unless directed by a doctor.

Active ingredients per liqui-gel are: Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Phenylpropanolamine, Hydrochloride and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide. Try saying those fast!

It has the standard warning that it may cause drowsiness, so take precautions when taking this for the first time since you won't know how it will affect you. It hasn't affected me to the point where I can't function, but some people may get very tired after taking this medicine. It goes on to say that if you have breathing problems such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid disease, glaucoma or prostate problems, consult a your doctor before taking this medicine. I'm not positive, but I think most multi-symptom cold medicines have this warning, if not all of them.

Dosages for Comtrex are: adults and children over 12, remember consult a doctor for children under 12, take 2 liqui-gels every 6 hours, but don't take more than 8 liqui-gels in a 24 hour period. I'm not sure about the tablets, but the liqui-gels are rather large pills. As with any cold medicines or when you're sick, drink plenty of liquids, especially water.

How does it work? It works great! It takes about 20 minutes or so and then you will start to feel relief, the symptoms it seems to relieve first are the stuffy nose, sneezing and runny nose, then it goes on to relive the rest of the symptoms, even sinus headaches. It will help suppress your cough, but will not get rid of it completely, but enough where you won't be coughing all the time. If you suspect the cough is not just a regular cold cough and could be from a chest cold, I suggest you try the Comtrex Deep Chest Cold & Congestion, because with that kind of cold you don't want to suppress the cough, you want to help make the cough more productive to clear it out. It can cause some drowsiness like it says, so you need to be careful if you're the type that gets tired easily with cold medicines. If you feel drained and worn out because of the cold, it will make you tired also. As long as I don't have that wiped out feeling along with the cold, I can usually function normally, including chasing my little one around.

Next time you get a cold that you need to take medicine for, try Comtrex Cold & Cough Relief, you won't be disappointed.

Comtrex Non Drowsy Cold And Cough Coated Tablets 24 Count

Comtrex Non Drowsy Cold And Cough Coated Tablets 24 Count

Brand new box sealed , COMTREX COLD COUGH NON-DROWSY 24 COATED CAPLETS EXP DATE, 08/15 If you have any questions about this product before finalizing ...