Corn Huskers Lotion

Corn Huskers Lotion - My Secret Weapon

Jun 4, 2007

Pros:Healing, soothing, absorbs quickly, no greasy feel. Cheap.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Corn Huskers is a great treatment for sore, dry hands. It will sooth and heal them, plus making them very soft and younger looking. I love it!

When Spring time rolls around, my husband and I are out in the yard a lot. We have 2 1/2 acres of yard, so there is always grass to mow, gardens to weed, trees to prune, etc. We also play a lot of golf and are out in the sun for several hours straight.

In Alaska our winters are long, and the cold weather gives my skin a beating, plus being indoors with forced air heat is also very drying. On top of all that, I love to do crafts as well as some basic knitting and crochet. It's hard to do that with dry, rough hands. We have the need for a really great hand lotion.

Years ago my husband heard a radio announcement about Corn Huskers Lotion, and I picked up a bottle. We have had this in our house ever since, although I use it alot more than my husband does. He always forgets about it.

Corn Huskers Lotion comes with what I call "no-frills" packaging and advertising. The bottle is 7 oz, and contains an almost clear, yellow tinged lotion, which I feel is more like a gel.

The yellow label is pretty plain. The few words written on the front are: Corn Huskers Lotion. Oil free. Heavy Duty Hand Treatment. The yellow cap is a simple screw on and off lid. It's made by the Warner-Lambert Company.

Ingredients

Water, glycerin, SD alcohol 40, sodium calcium alginate, oleyl sarcosine, methylparaben, guar gum, triethanolamine, calcium sulfate, fragrance, calcium chloride, fumaric acid, and boric acid.

Ingredient Information

Glycerin is the active ingredient, and many good "all-natural" companies such as Avalon and Burts Bees use this ingredient a lot.

Sodium Calcium Alginate is often used for healing wounds, as well as being used as a texturizer, stabilizer and thickener in food products.

Fumaric acid is a naturally occirring acid used to balance the pH of products. It has also been shown to be effective for treatment of severe psoriasis.

Boric acid is an antimicrobial that is thought to help wounds heal.

Thoughts

This is one product that truly lives up to it's claims! The side of the bottle states that this has a fast penetrating action that moisturizes and softens dry skin. Also, soothes discomfort of irritated, chapped or cracked skin. The directions say to smooth in a small amount wherever your skin is dry and rough.

This bottle isn't the easiest to use, especially when it's almost empty. You can't just squeeze the remaining product out like you can with a tube of lotion. The consistency is quite thick, and I have to wait for it to make it's way to the opening - but the wait is well worth it!

The thick gel has a great smell, one that is very hard to describe. My husband refers to it as "earthy". It sort of reminds me of that sweet smell that little babies have.

Not much is needed to deliver a super moisturizing effect on hands and arms. The gel does exactly as it claims, it absorbs very quickly and is not the least bit oily or greasy feeling. I don't have to wipe my hands with a towel when I'm done applying it. It will last for several hours, even after a hand washing.

The best part of this lotion is how great it makes my hands feel. There is no way I can explain it to you, you'll have to try it for yourself, but my hands feel new again. It is very soothing! If I have any cracks in my skin, it doesn't sting or irritate them. If my hands are extremely dry, I will rub in Corn Huskers Lotion at bedtime and wear some special cotton gloves I purchased from Avon. The next morning my hands are so soft and supple, looking years younger! If you have very rough heels, you can do the same thing - apply to your feet and wear socks to bed.

Corn Huskers Lotion was originally made for Iowa Corn Huskers. I can imagine how dry and sore their hands became from their job! If it works for them, it should work for anybody. We are never without this product in our medicine cabinet. Other fru-fru type lotions are out there, many with much higher price tags, but I will always be sold on Corn Huskers Lotion.

It can be found everywhere! My local grocers all sell it, as well as WalMart, Target and other discount stores. It is also available at Drugstore.com for only $3.49. It is my secret weapon for dry, irritated hands.

Corn Huskers Oil Free Lotion 7 Oz Heavy Duty Hand & Skin Treatment Moisturizer

Corn Huskers Oil Free Lotion 7 Oz Heavy Duty Hand & Skin Treatment Moisturizer

Always Fresh and Factory Sealed! Corn Huskers Oil Free Lotion Size: One Bottle ~*~ This listing is for one bottle of Corn Huskers Oil Free Lotion. Pro...

Corn Huskers Lotion 7 Oz

Corn Huskers Lotion 7 Oz

Auction is for one 7 oz bottle of Corn Huskers Lotion Protect your dry skin with Corn Huskers Oil Free Hand Lotion. The name says it all. Corn Huskers...

American Drug Supply Store
Corn Huskers Lotion - 2 Bottles - (7oz ) -

Corn Huskers Lotion - 2 Bottles - (7oz ) -

Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE! Thank You For Visiting Bears Discount Den !!!!! CORN HUSKERS LOTION Two 7 FL. OZ. Bott...

48127 J&J Corn Huskers Lotion

48127 J&J Corn Huskers Lotion

Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products 48127 J&J Corn Huskers Lotion
Corn Huskers Lotion Moisturize & Soothe Irritated Skin

Corn Huskers Lotion Moisturize & Soothe Irritated Skin

New - Scientifically formulated to soothe the discomfort of irritated, chapped, and cracked skin, Corn Huskers' Lotion provides fast penetrating actio...

Corn Huskers Heavy Duty Oil-free Hand Treatment Lotion -- 7 Oz

Corn Huskers Heavy Duty Oil-free Hand Treatment Lotion -- 7 Oz

Corn Huskers Heavy Duty Oil-Free Hand Treatment Lotion -- 7 Oz Oil Free Heavy Duty Hand Treatment Corn Huskers Lotion provides fast penetrating action...

Corn Huskers Heavy Duty Oil-free Hand Treatment Lotion 7oz Bottle

Corn Huskers Heavy Duty Oil-free Hand Treatment Lotion 7oz Bottle

Corn Huskers Lotion 7 oz Bottle Corn Huskers Lotion provides fast-absorbing action. It moisturizes, softens and soothes the discomfort of rough, dry s...

Corn Huskers Hand Lotion - 12 Bottle Offer

Corn Huskers Hand Lotion - 12 Bottle Offer

This listing is for 12 bottles of Oil Free Corn Huskers Lotion 7 Fluid Oz.