Corning Ware FRENCH WHITE Canister Set Reviews

Corning Ware FRENCH WHITE Canister Set

2 consumer reviews

These are the best Canisters I ever had!!

Jun 12, 2002 (Updated Jun 12, 2002)

Pros:Attractive with a nice stylish design that will fit in with any kitchen.

Cons:None so far

The Bottom Line: This a nice set of Canisters that will fit any d'ecor.The design is very attractive and clean looking. Great for storing many foods.

CorningWare is one of those products that with proper care will last you a long time. I have 4 CorningWare small bowls and 4 CorningWare coffee mugs, that are several years old now and are are still in perfect shape. When the grand kids come over they use the bowls for cereal and ice cream. The bowls are just the right size for soup for for the grand kids also. These few pieces of CorningWare that I do have has held up very nicely through the years.

Last Christmas my daughter gave me this CorningWare French White 3 piece Canister set. I had been looking for a canister set for about a year on and off. I never found one that appealed to me for my kitchen. I haven't had a canister set for several years now, so when my daughter gave me this CorningWare French White 3 piece Canister set I was Happy. I think the last Canister set that I had was one from Tupperware and that was a long time ago.

Features:

The canister set comes in 3 different sizes

5 lb.

3 lb.

1 lb.

The set is well made, and is made of a nice heavy ceramic.

It's French White color is really attractive and very clean looking.

The lids fit very snug on the canisters, because of a heavy plastic ring that's around and under the lids. This helps to keep any contents that are stored in the canisters fresh and dry.

The mouth of each canister is wide, which enables you to be able to use a large scoop to remove any of the contents in the canister.

Styling:

I like the shape of the canisters. The fluted design styling around the canisters is pleasing to the eye, attractive and will fit nicely into any kitchen, no matter what style of d'ecor your kitchen may be.

Foods for storing:

5 lb. Canister---The large 5 lb. canister will hold a 5 lb. bag of sugar very nicely. Before I had the canister set my husband kept the sugar in the bag in my cabinet. When ever he got done filling the sugar bowl, and placing the bag back in the cabinet, I always found some sugar that came from the bag laying on the shelf. I had to check the shelf often, because I didn't want those dreaded ants in my cabinets. So now the sugar is stored in the large 5 lb. canister.

3 lb. Canister---The 3 lb. canister is where I keep my flour in. There are certain bugs that like to get in flour, I don't know what their called, but because of the snug fit of the canister, my flour is protected.

1 lb. Canister---The 1 lb. canister is just the right size for for those small cans or bags of ground coffee. My husband buys the large 39 oz. cans of coffee, and prefers to keep it in the large can that it comes in. My husband drinks a lot of coffee. He's one of those people that guzzles coffee like you wouldn't believe.

I was pleased that he wanted to keep his coffee in the original coffee can. So the 1 lb. size canister is where I like to keep my brown sugar. It keeps my brown sugar soft, and doesn't allow it to get hard. I can remember having to use my wooden mallet at times to pound out the hard lumps where the brown sugar had hardened. It's nice that I don't have to do this anymore, because the brown sugar stays soft all the time in the canister now.

Other foods for storing in the Canisters:

Cookies.

Crackers.

Chips and pretzels.

Tea bags.

Macaroni products.

Granola bars and packaged snacks for kids lunches. The 5 lb. size is good for storing these.

Cleaning:

It's best not to use any harsh abrasive or scouring pads to clean the CorningWare Canisters, this will only scratch the ceramic finish and lose it's shine.

The canisters can be washed in the dishwasher or by hand. To me I found it is just as easy to wash them by hand in soapy water, rinsed and dried thoroughly. These canisters really don't get all that dirty. But I do wash them every once in a while.

These Canisters are heavy. You have to be careful with handling, and making sure that they are not dropped because they are breakable. But with my proper handling I don't expect any problems with breakage. Of course with my husband handling the sugar Canister, that could very well be another story. If you read my previous review about my Hamilton Beach Hand mixer then you would know what I'm talking about.

I decided to spruce up my CorningWare Canisters. My kitchen has a country flare to it. I collect all kinds of Roosters, and their on top of my cabinets and on my kitchen shelves. I also have rooster place mats and several rooster plaques around my kitchen. So I went to the craft store and purchased some Rooster rub on transfers. These transfers will adhere to any surface, by just holding the transfer to the surface and rubbing all over the transfer carefully with a popsicle stick and then finally removing the transfer.

I wasn't sure that it would work, because the Canisters have a fluted design. But the transfer did adhere nicely after a little patience. Now my CorningWare French White 3 piece Canisters have a new look to them, which I'm very pleased with. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the look of the canisters before I put the rooster design on them. The roosters just jazzed them up a bit. Now my new canisters are right at home with their new look.

I love my CorningWare French White 3 piece Canister set. These canisters are made of a heavy ceramic with a nice French White Color. The fluted design, will dress up any counter in any kitchen. Their tight lids keep my foods dry and fresh. This is especially good if you have a lot of humidity in your home. I consider these Corningware White French 3 Piece Canisters to be a worthwhile and good investment for any kitchen.

This CorningWare White French 3 Canister Set would also make a nice gift for a Bridal shower, Wedding, Special Holiday, or just for that very special person in your life.

Now you'll have to excuse me as I'm off to the store to check out the housewares department, to see what super buys are available today. Of course you know by my past reviews, that I have an addiction to visiting the houseware departments in every store to find great housewares on sale. :-)

Thanks for reading!

~~Naomi~~

Corning Ware French White 2 1/2 Quart Covered Oval Casserole Oven Ware

Corning Ware French White 2 1/2 Quart Covered Oval Casserole Oven Ware

NIB 2.5 Quart Corning Ware French White Covered Oval Casserole Oven Ware NEW. NEW In BOX! This is a casserole dish from Corning Ware. French White. Co...

Corning Ware French White, 3qt Casserole Dish

Corning Ware French White, 3qt Casserole Dish

CorningWare French White II 3-Quart Oblong Dish Corningware French White ll 3-quart oblong dish. Includes 1-each Corningware French White ll 3-quart o...

Corning Ware French White Oval With Handles Casserole Dish & Lid 1.5 Qt 1.4 L

Corning Ware French White Oval With Handles Casserole Dish & Lid 1.5 Qt 1.4 L

MICROWAVE OVEN SAFE NO STOVETOP OR BROILER GLASS TOP WITH WHITE HANDLE Thanks for checking out this item. All items come from a clean, smoke free home...

Corning Ware French White 14pc Bakeware Set

Corning Ware French White 14pc Bakeware Set

CorningWare 1083955 French 14-Piece Bakeware Set, White Includes: Cradle, 4- 7-oz ramekins, 1-1/2-qt Oval Dish, 1-1/2-qt Round with Dish, 2-1/2-qt Rou...

Corning Ware French White 2.5 Qt / L Round Covered Casserole F-1 Sealed

Corning Ware French White 2.5 Qt / L Round Covered Casserole F-1 Sealed

You are bidding on this NEW Corning Ware French White 2.5 Qt / L Round Covered Casserole F-1 SEALED NOS . Your item will be shipped safely and securel...

Vintage Corning Ware 10 French White Quiche/pie Plate In Factory Sealed Box

Vintage Corning Ware 10 French White Quiche/pie Plate In Factory Sealed Box

Great Corning Ware piece! Brand new in box. From the French White collection this 10 quiche - pie plate. Oven to microwave these dishes are easy to us...

Corning French White (Bakeware) Tea Canister & Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Corningware,Ribbed,Bakeware

Corning - Corning French White (Bakeware) Tea Canister & Lid - Corningware,Ribbed,Bakeware
Replacements, Ltd.

4 Corning Ware French White Oval Casserole Dish 9 Inches Long Stoneware

4 Corning Ware French White Oval Casserole Dish 9 Inches Long Stoneware

4 Corning Ware French White Oval Casserole Dish 9 inches long 9 Inches long, 6 inches wide and almost 2 inches high 23 OZ- 679ML Microwave and Oven Sa...

Corningware French White Bakeware Set 3 Piece Corning Ware Bake Serve & Store

Corningware French White Bakeware Set 3 Piece Corning Ware Bake Serve & Store

CORNINGWARE FRENCH WHITE COOKWARE BAKEWARE Cook in classic form! This must-have set is made of durable stoneware designed for use virtually anywhere, ...
15 Piece Corning Ware French White Baking Set/cookware Sealed

15 Piece Corning Ware French White Baking Set/cookware Sealed

Brand new CorningWare French White Cookware Set.. Happy Cooking!1.5 Quart Oval Dish with glass and plastic cover 1.5 Quart Round dish with glass and p...