Corona Clipper Corona No. Ac 7220 Leather Scabbard (038313000813) Reviews

Corona Clipper Corona No. Ac 7220 Leather Scabbard (038313000813)

+$5.00 shipping Zoro
+$6.95 shipping Sears

Corona Scabbard AC7220 clip me baby

Jun 17, 2003

Pros:clip on feature, leather

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: ____________

First off I love leather, just something about the smell of newly tooled leather that gives me a warm fuzzy. Sure I’m strange but I know there are others just like me. Second, I am absolutely horrible about keeping my hands on my tools. I think they are right there but when I reach for them, GONE. Left somewhere else in the yard, on the truck, perhaps even at the dump. Who knows where they sneak off to, much like that extra sock in the dryer.

To me tool belts are just impractical when working in the yard. Bending is a major issue considering I have boobs that get in the way and a middle-age spread that has to have somewhere to go. Strap on a big old tool belt to keep your tools handy and suddenly you look like one of those poor kids bundled up to go out in the snow to play.

The most common tool used in any garden work is a pruner and having it handy at all times is a necessity. Even if you aren’t pruning anything you often find an errant branch that needs removed or a bunch of really beautiful flowers that need to come inside the house for a change. I generally wear sweats when working in the yard, or shorts in the summer. Elastic waistbands don’t often have belt loops and wearing a belt just to put a scabbard on – oh no, won’t happen, more of that cinching thing going on.

The Corona AC7220 is the perfect answer since it comes with a belt loop attachment AND clip on device. You can simply clip it on your waistband, no belt required, yehaw!

Made of wonderful tooled leather, it measures 9” x 4” and will accommodate most brands of pruners. Of course, they would prefer you use a Corona pruner, but hey, I’ve never seen any garden police out yet. For those of you that wear proper clothing, the belt loops are perfect for you, for the rest of us, clip it baby.

A note of warning though, slide it more to your back than your side because when you squat in the garden to work it can hit on your thighs and eventually work its way off your waist band. And you know what that means. Now you’ve lost your scabbard AND your pruners!

Wipe the mud off it occasionally and use a little tung oil on it once a year and it should last you a lifetime.

Thanks,
Susi

PRUNER CORONA CLIPPER LEATHER
Zoro

The AC 7220 Leather Scabbard from Corona is the perfect accessory for the avid gardener