Cosco Juvenile Cosco 10-T41 Toddler Bed Reviews

Cosco Juvenile Cosco 10-T41 Toddler Bed

"It's My Bed And I'll Jump If I Want To"

May 25, 2000

Pros:Well constructed low to the ground bed that eases the transition from crib to full sized bed

Cons:Stickers are hard to remove from the metal, and the bed can be noisy at times if wiggled a lot

I don't recommend jumping on the Cosco 10-T41 Toddler Bed no matter how much your little one wants too -- if her feet hit just right on the spaces in between bars she could push the mattress through and be tossed off the bed. Trust me on this, I speak from experience. Now let me tell you about the bed that "ate my (daughter's) foot".

One day I walked into my girls' room to check on what I thought were my two sleeping beauty's. The site that greeted me stopped my breath. My 3 year old was sleeping in the crib on top of her sister. Never in my life have I moved so fast and never have you seen things fly out of a crib so fast in your life. Luckily, no harm was done to anyone (sans my heart) or anything. Caitlin just wanted to be closer to Ellen, the sister she loved so.

We took the crib down that night after we got home from shopping for our second Cosco Toddler Bed. Caitlin had already had one and we wanted to get a matching one. Caitlin had a different model of the bed but that one was out of stock in the store so we got this one and I'm glad it was. I like the 10-T41 much better than the 10-T98 Caitlin slept in.

Model 10-T41 was about a foot off the ground (I'm horrible at measurements, but you could slide one of those flat plastic sweater boxes in and out from under this bed with ease) and perfect for my one year old and 3 year old to get in and out of with ease. The close proximity to the floor made them feel safe and secure, as well as like "big girls" for sleeping in such a grown up bed.

A nice money saving feature about all toddler beds is that the mattress used is the same as the one used in the crib. So no new bedding is required. Most stores carry some darling little toddler bed ensembles in the popular themes of the day (Pokemon, Pooh, etc.).

This toddler bed is constructed of red metal tubing (also comes in white and blue, according to the box). The front is a rounded arc with 3 bars connecting from the top of the arch to the bed frame. The bed frame is your basic rectangle (crib mattress size) with 4 metal bars going from side to side evenly spaced. The mattress then rested on top of these bars with two plastic pieces sticking up to prevent the mattress from sliding back and forth.

At the foot of the bed was another small bar that was shaped similar to the top of the mattress. It came just a hair above the top of the mattress, to prevent it from slipping off the frame. This bar was high enough to keep the mattress where it belonged without being so high that feet would easily slide through and become lodged in between the mattress and the tubing.

We changed their room around quite frequently and the bed worked well both up against a wall and standing with just the head against the wall. The girls got up and down on their beds often and they held up well. I could lay on the bed with them as I read stories at night and other than a little creaking there were no problems with bent bars or broken joints. I am not the lightest person around either, so that says a lot about the construction of this bed.

Putting the bed together was a piece of cake and the only tools I recall needing were a screw driver.

Taking it apart was a bit more work but I think that holds true to any item that is used that much and moved as much as this bed was.

Even though the bed itself was red and the walls were white it never once left a scuff mark on the walls. I can't say the same for my girls <grin>.

Clean up was a breeze too, I could just wipe down with a baby wipe or with a damp sponge. The 3 bars going down were close enough together to be safe for my children while being spaced far enough apart to clean between easily.

I would avoid buying any of the Cosco Toddler Beds used as several of them have been recalled over the years that they have made them. Most of them are similar in looks and it would be hard to tell without the packaging which model it was. This line of toddler beds is priced very reasonable. We paid $39.99 for ours.

If you've a little one that is outgrowing her crib yet not quite ready for a full sized bed the Cosco Toddler Bed model 10-T41 is a great starting point to provide your child with a safe sleeping environment that will make her feel like a big girl.

Gift Idea
Is an important child making the transition to a toddler bed? Why not get them a bedding set ($19.99-29.99) and a fancy pillow to match. This is also the time when children usually graduate to being able to safely sleep with a pillow so one of those might be nice too. Add in a stuffie and you are all set to go! Place them all in a plastic under bed storage container with a bow on top and your packaging does double duty as extra storage space.

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Deluxe Playard, Animal Silhouettes

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Deluxe Playard, Animal Silhouettes

The Cosco Juvenile Funsport Deluxe Playard with Animal Silhouettes offers a convenient and portable way to care for your growing baby, both at home an...

Disney Cosco Juvenile Umbrella Stroller Without Canopy Horiz Free Shipping

Disney Cosco Juvenile Umbrella Stroller Without Canopy Horiz Free Shipping

Item is Brand New ! - FREE Direct Shipping to your Home ! This is a very High Quality popular stroller ! You can ensure that your kid will be riding i...

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki Mesh windows Sets up in less than 1 minute Squeeze latch fold 2 wheels for mobility Easy to store an...

Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-positioning Booster Car Seat In Ore

Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-positioning Booster Car Seat In Ore

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-Positioning Booster Car S...

Cosco Juvenile Deluxe Comfort Ride Lightweight Stroller, Circus, Free Shipping

Cosco Juvenile Deluxe Comfort Ride Lightweight Stroller, Circus, Free Shipping

Transportable and efficient, the Cosco stroller is a good choice for getting you and your youngster comfortably to your destination. The Cosco stroll...