Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat Reviews

Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat

Cosco Alpha Omega Elite

Aug 5, 2007

Pros:Price, Versatility, 3 in 1, No threading straps, Tether strap, 5-100lbs

Cons:Not suitable head support for young infants, Not enough recline for rear-facing position

The Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this car seat because it's versatile and affordable.

I'll be honest, I was very hesitate to purchase this car seat because I had read so many negative reviews about it. I really had my heart set on buying a $250-$300 Britax model. However, I wasn't in a position to spend that kind of money on a car seat. I decided on this one because of its many features that even Britax did not offer. So far, it has exceeded my expectations.

I have been using this seat for almost a month now with my 8 month old son. It is rear facing in the middle section of the back of our 2001 Ford Escape. Seems to be the only place that it will fit properly in the rear-facing position. This may be a con for some owners, but I prefer my son in the middle anyway. I did have this seat inspected by my local police department to assure installation was done properly. I highly recommend everyone getting their car seat(s) inspected. I was pleased to find that I did install this seat correctly. It was a peace of mind that every parent needs.

Regarding the installation...this is something that initially took me about 15-20 minutes because I was so afraid it was incorrectly installed. Now it only takes 5 mins. to install correctly. Like anything, you need to learn how to use it. I did have to place a towel roll under the front of the car seat to recline the seat more for my son. The seat has a built-in recline but I did find that it still needed to recline more. There are level lines on both sides of the seat and adjustments might need to be made to assure the seat is level with the ground.

I did find; however, that this seat would NOT be suitable for a newborn or young infant. There is simply not enough head support and recline for infants. Stick with the ordinary carrying type (I recommend the Chicco brand). I find even for my son who is 8 months, when he falls asleep his head sometimes falls forward. This is a big annoyance but something that happens in most convertible car seats.

I am anxious to place this seat in the forward-facing position, so the tether strap can be used. This is an excellent feature and I can tell this seat will be great as a forward-facing seat and booster.

Overall, I recommend this seat. After my own initial hesitation, it has proven me wrong and most of all, my son is happy in it! If you are a concerned parent, as I am sure you are, I recommend that you take your child with you to try some seats in the store. It will give you a good idea of how they with sit in it and see how they react in it too. Despite negative reviews on any car seat, I recommend that you try it for yourself and you can always return it if you are unhappy :)

Best Wishes on your car seat search!

Michigan Mommy

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam - The Safety 1st Convertible Car Seat is a versatile extended-use car seat ...