Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat Reviews

Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat

This is an Elite seat for the price

Oct 13, 2007 (Updated Oct 14, 2007)

Pros:Safe, comfortable and easy to adjust to a growing kiddo!

Cons:The bottom cushion/positioner has faded in the sun

The Bottom Line: This seat has great adjustability options including a reclining feature, durable fabric and padding. It adjusts from newborn/infant to school-aged kids with rear and forward-facing as well as booster options.

We purchased this seat for our son after having purchased a ComfortSport seat by another manufacturer and hating it. We just LOVE all the safety features and comfort padding in this seat. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a safe, quality and comfortable seat for their child without having to pay more than their monthly car payment itself!

This seat is a convertible seat in 3 ways: rear-facing for under 1 year, forward-facing for 1 year+ and a booster seat with a removable base for children over the legal weight and height requirements (may vary from state to state).

We used it as a rear-facing seat for 2 months and found that the recline option really was key, especially when our little guy fell asleep! We still tend to recline the seat at times, to encourage a snooze here and there! It's really easy to do, as long as the top latch strap is loosened. This reclining did significantly decrease the amount of room for the passenger seat in our large SUV, however.

The adjustable strap system is awesome: I never need to remove the straps to adjust the height! My son is very long in the body, and we're about at the highest point at almost 2...I wonder how much longer he'll be in this seat before we need to go to something else (but this is not different than any other car seat or booster with a back out there). I have had to take the entire system apart for cleaning and it's a breeze to get back together, too.
I have never had a problem with the straps twisting, even when needing to wrangle my son into the seat (gotta love those toddlers!).

My son especially enjoys the bottom cushion and positioner as well as the comfy head pillow. The material is soft and impact absorbant. It doesn't seem like a plastic bucket with cloth covering it! We have had great luck with the cup holder staying in position, also, which was not the case with other seat we'd tried.

We have also used this for flying (despite the fact that my son is not required to have his own seat yet) and found that it was easy to travel with. We hooked the latch system straps together and carried the seat by the strap adjustment bars in the back. No clanging straps, no loose ends and no sore arms when we reached our desination.

My son enjoys getting into this seat, and we recommend it to every of our friends having babies!

Amount Paid (US$): $160
Age Range of Child: Other

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible 3-in-1 Baby Car Seat - Bridgebeam - The Safety 1st Convertible Car Seat is a versatile extended-use car seat ...