Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat Reviews

Cosco Alpha Omega Elite - Transpire Booster Car Seat

Cosco Alpha Omega convertible car seat

Jan 6, 2008

Pros:Good value for money, sturdy, quality fabric

Cons:The straps get twisted easily, not good for small infants

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this seat for someone who would like a durable, long lasting product

We purchased two of these Alpha Omega car seats about 5 years ago for our daughter. We're now using them for our 1 1/2 year old son. We did a bunch of research before purchasing the seats and these seemed to be the best value for our money. We purchased them from Babies R Us. I liked that the seat could be used up until the kids were all done with car seats. The Alpha Omega works great once the babies are out of their infant car seats. I don't think that I would recommend this seat for a brand new baby. They don't recline all that much and I think that it would be difficult to hook them into the seat - it stays in the car, unlike a portable infant seat. The seat is nice and sturdy with a 5 point harness system for the younger babies. When your child gets to the right weight, the 5 point harness can be removed and the car seat belt can be used. The back of the seat can be adjusted up and down to fit the height of the child in it. The straps on the 5 point harness have a tendency to get twisted up-which is very frustrating. I'm not sure if they have fixed this problem in the newer models-it might be worth checking into! I like the fabric that is used for these seats-my seats still look fairly new. I've taken them apart and washed the fabric cover a few times. Which can be done - but getting them back together takes a little bit of time and patience. I think that if I had to purchase seats all over again, I would buy the Alpha Omega again! It's stood the test of time for us!

Amount Paid (US$): 110 ?