Cosco HighRise Booster Car Seat Reviews

Cosco HighRise Booster Car Seat

Safety, comfort, and convenience in this booster

May 12, 2003

Pros:Safe, easy to use, lightweight, cup holder, snack/toy bag

Cons:The arm pads don't stay on with just the straps attached

The Bottom Line: This seat is well worth the money. It's safe, convenient, and comfortable for children.

Description of the Cosco High Rise Booster Seat

The Cosco High Rise Booster Seat is a one piece plastic booster seat. It comes with a fabric cover for the seat area and for the arm rests. On the left side of the seat is a pop down cup holder. On the right side of the seat is a mesh bag, handy for holding snacks or toys. Attached on the bottom is a shoulder belt positioner used to retain the shoulder belt further down so it doesn't cross across the child's neck. The fabric covers are gray and black plaid.

The Cosco High Rise Booster Seat is a belt positioning booster seat. You place the child in the seat and then use the vehicle's shoulder belt to keep the child safely secured. The shoulder belt positioner is handy if the belt crosses in front of the child's neck, it helps keep the belt across the shoulder where it should be. In order to secure the child you'll want to make sure the seat belt is locked somehow, either with automatically locking belts the car comes with or with a locking clip if needed. If your car does not have seat belts that lock I would recommend using a different type of booster as a child could fly out of the seat and be injured.

Why I bought the Cosco High Rise Booster Seat

Our three year old daughter had almost outgrown our convertible car seat. I was reluctant to get a booster seat of this type as I thought the high back booster would be better. My husband took the liberty of buying this booster seat and after checking the box over, reading reviews of this booster seat on other websites, I agreed to give it a try. And I'm glad we did!

The Cosco High Rise Booster Seat is so easy to use, and it seems just as safe, if not safer, than a high back booster. It doesn't require extra work to get it positioned in correctly. Since it doesn't have a back the child can sit further back and isn't able to reach the front seat and kick it as easily (keeping shoe marks off the back of the seat). It's lightweight so it's easy to move from vehicle to vehicle.

The only drawback we've found with the Cosco High Rise Booster Seat is the arm rest covers. The stretchy bands sewn on to secure the fabric pads onto the arm rests are short, and thus the pads fall off easily. We remedied that by extending the bands with rubber bands so that the pads can be strapped on securely. However, the fabric is easy to remove if needed for washing, and is easy to clean.

One of the best features of the Cosco High Rise Booster Seat is the cost. We paid a whopping $17 for the seat at Walmart. Compare that to $60 for a high back booster and it's quite a savings, and you aren't compromising safety or comfort.

My daughter absolutely loves her Cosco High Rise Booster Seat. She feels safe, comfortable, and important in her seat. She loves the cup holder. We love that it's easy to use, easy to transport, and safe.

Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Type: Booster, Forward Facing, With Vehicle Seat Belts, Recommended for More than 4 Years children, Weight Limit 30 - 100 lbs.