Cosco Juvenile Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed 10-B01 Reviews

Cosco Juvenile Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed 10-B01

Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed

Apr 1, 2002 (Updated Oct 16, 2012)

Pros:Sturdy construction, wipes clean, safe for toddlers

Cons:You need a truck to get it home!

The Bottom Line: The Cosco Nod-a-Way Bed! is a great bed for toddlers. it is safe, sturdy and will be around long after your toddler has grown out of it.

I am what is referred to as a “first time mother”. The meaning-I see, I buy. There is nothing too good for my child, no matter the cost. Her crib, which was very expensive, made of white oak, was never used. Okay I am lying, she slept in it a few times. The majority of the time she slept with me in my king size bed.

Christmas came and I knew we would be moving to a smaller apartment. She had gotten too big for naps in her crib, and I could no longer justify using it as a “prison” when she acted up, so I decided to buy her a “real bed” of her very own. I dreamt of nights undisturbed by little feet kicking me, I dreamt of a big girl bed for my big girl.

I searched Epinions, I searched stores. I thought of day beds, which were obviously too big for a child that was not even the age of two yet. I sought out toddler beds that seemed flimsy in construction and even more frightening, hazardous to my precious baby girl. Would she sleep with her Momma forever?

My prayers were answered while shopping at our local discount store. A bed that was sturdy, a bed that had no obvious hazards, a bed that would outlive the earth. A toddler bed made of thick, solid plastic! A mothers dream!

The Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed

Then I saw the size of the box. I could not figure for the life of me, how I would get it home. Not having a truck, I decided to load the box into my Mercury Sedan. After a good 30 minutes of pushing and prodding I finally had it wedged quite nicely in the floorboard of the back seat. The box is quite large…..I recommend a truck to load and carry this item. Not knowing the exact dimensions I can give you an idea-it resembles that of a piece of slab sheet rock. Yes, it is that large. Having no fore thought, I could have removed it from the box and loaded it into my trunk a lot easier that maneuvering it into my back seat. Luckily I got it home with no incident.

Once the box was opened, broken down and discarded, I was amazed at how simple the assembly appeared. My sister was on stand-by for any help I may need. Indeed I did need her help, appearances are deceiving. We wrestled with the bulky headboard, footboard, bottom pieces and the side rails. Bolts, nuts, screws, whatever you want to call them confused me to no end. My sister eventually pushed me aside and took over. Not thirty minutes later my daughters bed was fully assembled. (I am not “Bob the Builder” readers! I cannot even change a light bulb without detailed instructions!)

After seeing it in the store, and then looking at it in her room, the The Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed!is a very nice size. Not too big, nor too small for the ages, 2 ½-5 years, that Cosco recommends.

I was impressed by the sleigh design of the bed that is so popular now, and the fact that the plastic seemed so durable. I knew that no matter how many torture tests my child put it through it would outlive all of us. The fact that it is white was a bit disturbing, but it is a color that can be used for boy and girls. Cleaning is a breeze (you know little fingerprints, food stains, and only god knows what) with a damp, sudsy cloth, nothing sticks the surface.

The bed essentially does look like a sleigh bed. The headboard and footboard are designed as such. The side rails are solid, so I never worry about a little arm or leg getting caught in between slats. The guardrails are high and long enough to keep your toddler from rolling out of bed, although this is not recommended for children under the ages of 2 ½.

The Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed uses standard crib mattress, so if you have had a crib in the past, your only expense is the bed and maybe bedding if you chose to use sheets. Most crib bedding, including a dust ruffle will fit nicely. I have heard horror stories of children falling in between their mattress and their toddler bed, or crib. This bed takes away the worry. There is no chance of ANYTHING falling in between the sides and the mattress. This, of course, makes it difficult to make the bed, but as far as safety goes, I give it an A+. However, I do advise any parent using this bed or any other toddler bed NOT to put it’s side up against a wall because of the risk of possible injury, suffocation, or death.

We are constantly rearranging her room as more toys come and some go, so we move her furniture quite often. The bed is very lightweight and moving it is a breeze though it is heavy enough to keep your toddler from trying to move the bed themselves.

I admit, at the time I was being a little thrifty, knowing how long my child slept in her crib, I was not about to spend more than one hundred dollars on a transitional bed. I only paid 49.99 for this Cosco toddler bed and I have been quit pleased with how it’s held up over the past 6 months. I am sure someone else will be handed this toddler bed after my child gets done using it as a trampoline and juice bar.

No, she has not yet left Mom’s bed, but she does take naps in her own bed, in her own room. She spends a great deal of time in her bed, coloring, watching movies and playing with her cats. Hopefully in time she will adjust to the changes over the past year and will sleep in her bed on a regular basis. Until then, The Cosco Nod-a-Way Toddler Bed! will remain in her room until she has outgrown the need for a toddler bed. (Or else I will try and sleep in it :0)

Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-positioning Booster Car Seat In Ore

Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-positioning Booster Car Seat In Ore

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-Positioning Booster Car S...

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki

Cosco Juvenile Funsport Play Yard Playpen Kontiki Mesh windows Sets up in less than 1 minute Squeeze latch fold 2 wheels for mobility Easy to store an...

Cosco Juvenile APT 40RF Convertible Car Seat, Calvin

Cosco Juvenile APT 40RF Convertible Car Seat, Calvin

The Calvin Cosco APT 40RF Convertible Car Seat will keep your child safe in style. This Cosco Juvenile Car Seat can be used in forward or rear-facing ...

Cosco Juvenile Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat Ikat Dots

Cosco Juvenile Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat Ikat Dots

Travel easily with your baby in the Cosco Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat, the lightest infant car seat in the USA The Light 'n Comfy keeps your child ...
Toys R Us

Cosco Juvenile Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat - Ikat Dots Gray

Cosco Juvenile Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat - Ikat Dots Gray

Travel easily with your baby in the Cosco Light 'n Comfy Infant Car Seat, the lightest infant car seat available. The Light 'n Comfy keeps your child ...