CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Waterproof Mascara Reviews

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Waterproof Mascara

Perfect Everyday Mascara

Jul 3, 2009

Pros:long-lasting, mostly waterproof/sweatproof, price, brush design

Cons:not for special occasions, can be difficult to remove

The Bottom Line: I use this everyday and I will continue to buy it until they discontinue it- I love it.

Makeup is my one true love.  Anytime I find myself at the grocery store, my feet automatically take me to my favorite section where I can browse through the many colors and bottles.  Recently I found myself needing a new mascara- a waterproof one.  I didn't have much time on that particular day, so I just grabbed the closest one and ran to the register.  As fortune would have it, CoverGirl Lash Exact mascara is now in my top 2 favorite mascaras (the other of the two being it's more volumptuous counterpart- CoverGirl Last Blast).

DURABILITY:  The Lash Exact mascara will stay on until you wash it off.  I haven't had any problems with it flaking off.  I bought the waterproof version of the mascara and have been pleased with it's ability to last in water, or at least not to get under my eyes while I swim.  If you are a hard core swimmer, you can expect most of the mascara to come off after about 2 hours, but otherwise, you'll have pretty perfect lashes throughout your day at the pool/beach.  If you're attending a wedding and you're a big crier, I would suggest using the Lash Blash mascara rather than the Lash Exact (it is thicker and will last a little longer under exposure to water/tears).  If you workout with makeup on, don't fret, this mascara should be fine even if you sweat.

APPLICATOR BRUSH:  I have been very pleased with the design of the Lash Exact brush.  It is made of plastic (not fibers) and the tip is very flexible.  This all allows for a more even, perfect coat of mascara.  I have also found that I'm less prone to mess up or smudge my mascara on to my skin when using this brush.  (Which is good because it can be a little difficult to remove.)

THE FORMULA:  This particular formula is more suited to everyday type wear.  It is not very thick.  It will simply make your eyelashes stand out.  If you have to curl your eyelashes, do that first then apply the mascara.  Lash Exact is not a very "wet" formula so you don't need to worry about it re-straightening your eyelashes.  The fact that this particular mascara is waterproof does make it a little harder to remove, but it should be no problem so long as you have the proper eye makeup remover (even soap will work, just don't get it in your eyes- ouch!).  You may also be interested to know that this mascara does not seem to bother sensitive skin.

OVERALL I have been pleased with the longevity of this mascara, it's ability to withstand water, and the perfect no-fuss look it gives your eyes.  Take note that this is NOT a dramatic-looking mascara.  It is just simple, but it makes a difference.  I use this everyday except for when I'm trying to dress up a little bit more (special occasions and the like) when I wear, as mentioned above, my CoverGirl Lash Blast.  The price isn't too bad, it's usually about 6 bucks and I'd say it's the best mascara out there for 6 bucks and under.

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

netbay747 store 2 Packs! Sealed Pack CoverGirl Exact EyeLights Waterproof Eye Brightening Mascara - BLACK GOLD 0.24Oz - EACH Eye Brightening Waterproo...
--You are bidding on: BLUE COSMETIC TRIO : 1)COVERGIRL #735 BLACK SAPPHIRE MASCARA 2)COVERGIRL #220 MIDNIGHT BLUE EYELINER 3) RIMMEL #450 CELESTIAL SA...
--You are bidding on: BLUE COSMETIC TRIO : 1)COVERGIRL #735 BLACK SAPPHIRE MASCARA 2)COVERGIRL #220 MIDNIGHT BLUE EYELINER 3) RIMMEL # 500 POSH PEACOC...