CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Brown Blaze 420 Eyeliner (022700126798)

SO Not a "Liquid-Like" Formula: Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner, Brown Blaze

Apr 9, 2011

Pros:Applies easily; doesn't fade too quickly; sharpens easily

Cons:Not at all "liquid like"; smudges fairly easily; not waterproof

The Bottom Line: Not what it claims to be - it's just like any other drugstore pencil eyeliner.

I love a good eyeliner and try pretty much every new one I see on the market. I love the Cover Girl Blast line of products, so when I saw the Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner, I had to give it a try. This eyeliner claims to make a line like a liquid eyeliner even though it's a pencil liner.

Product Details:

Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner
is a wooden pencil eyeliner that looks a lot like any other drugstore brand pencil eyeliner. It comes with the point already sharpened, which is a fairly thin, sharp point. It has a clear, plastic lid that fits over the sharpened part of the liner. The other end of the pencil has a spongy "smudger" that allows you to smudge the line that you draw onto your eyelid(s).

Cover Girl claims that this product is an "easy to apply, waterproof formula".

The Brown Blaze shade is a darker, non-shimmery, coffee brown shade. It's not so dark that it looks black, though.

In addition to the Brown Blaze shade, this liner also comes in five other shades: Black Fire, Silver Spark, Violet Voltage, Blue Boom and Green Glow.

There is .033 oz. of liner in each pencil.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Cyclopentasiloxane, beeswax, C11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, jojoba seed oil, ceresin, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, tocopherol (natural vitamin E), propylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C). May Contain: Titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica, carmine, yellow 5 aluminum lake, blue 1 lake, ferric ammonium ferrocyanide, ultramarines, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, bronze powder, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide green, copper powder, ferric ammonium ferrocyanide, manganese violet, zinc oxide.

My Experience:

I'm a sucker who sometimes actually believes these beauty product companies' claims. I really thought that the Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner was going to work like a liquid liner. I thought that somehow they had come up with some new technology that made a pencil liner look like a liquid liner. Ummm....yeah. That didn't happen.

Just like with any eyeliner that is super sharp at first, the line that you draw on your eyelids is going to be a fine line that looks like it really could be either a pencil or a liquid. But after drawing ONE line, the pencil has already become less sharp (this is with ANY pencil liner - not just Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner!) and the line is no longer as thin and the line doesn't look as "precision". So I knew from the first time I used this eyeliner that it's absolutely nothing like a pencil liner and it's just like any other pencil liner I've used. I felt cheated by Cover Girl and felt like emailing or calling them to tell them (but I didn't).

Back to applying this liner: It really does apply quickly and easily. It's a creamy, soft formula, so it glides on with very little effort. This isn't one of those harder pencil eyeliners that are going to tug and pull on your eyelids.

The wear of Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner is a little better than any other average drugstore brand pencil eyeliner. It doesn't fade away too quickly for me and I never have to reapply it at lunchtime when I check my makeup and touch up everything that has faded. However, if your eyes water or if you cry, look out because this stuff will smudge off fairly quickly. There is nothing "waterproof" about this eyeliner - I don't care what Cover Girl claims.

This eyeliner sharpens very easily with any eyeliner pencil sharpener. I have four or five different sharpeners that I've collected over the years, and Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner fits into any sharpener with a smaller opening. It sharpens easily and I haven't had any problems with the eyeliner part of the pencil getting gouged. You shouldn't have to purchase a special sharpener to sharpen this pencil.

The Brown Blaze color of this eyeliner is about the same as any other brand's brown eyeliner. It's a darker, coffee bean brown shade that isn't shimmery or glittery and goes well with any brown or taupe eyeshadow. I've even used it with plum shades and it worked well. This eyeliner isn't so dark that it can be mistaken for a black eyeliner.

I haven't used the smudger tip that is attached to this eyeliner pencil because I don't have a need to smudge my eyeliner - this eyeliner doesn't do a super thin line unless it's just sharpened to be super sharp, so I haven't had a need to smudge it at all.

Overall, Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner is a bit of a disappointment because it doesn't look like a liquid liner like it claims to, and it also isn't waterproof like it claims to be. I probably won't purchase it again because there are too many other eyeliners out there to try.

Price and Purchasing Information:

I paid about $7 for Cover Girl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner at my local Ulta brick and mortar store. It can be found at mass merchants such as Wal Mart and drugstores such as Rite Aid and CVS for about the same price.

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Brown Blaze 420

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Brown Blaze 420

Find cosmetics at Target.com! Liquilineblast eye liner from covergirl- it effortlessly adds intensity to a colorful smoky eye.

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Silver Spark 430 Pack Of 2

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Silver Spark 430 Pack Of 2

CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Silver Spark 430 Pack of 2 CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Silver Spark 430 Pack of 2 High-pigment, intense pencil...

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Blue Boom 450, 1-count (1 Pack)

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Blue Boom 450, 1-count (1 Pack)

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Blue Boom 450, 1-Count (1 Pack) Introducing LiquilineBlast eye liner fr...

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Green Glow 460

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Green Glow 460

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Violet Voltage 440

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Violet Voltage 440

CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Violet Voltage 440 Features High-pigment, intense pencil eye liner with smudger for easy blending Delivers the inten...

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Violet Voltage 440

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Violet Voltage 440

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil Crayon Traceur Blackfire (410).033 oz Check out our other items !We are as accurate and honest as possible wi...
COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Silver Spark 430

COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Silver Spark 430

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil Full Size

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil Full Size

Covergirl Liquilineblast Eyeliner Pencil Liquid-Like Intensity Violet Voltage (440)(being sold as a 2 pack)Check out our other items !We are as accura...
COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast Eyeliner - Blue Boom 450