Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick

Blonde Bomb, Flaming Carrots or Mousy Brown- My #2 Favorite

Sep 1, 2000 (Updated Nov 14, 2000)

Pros:pastel color selection is awesome- there is one for everyone, moisturizing, available most places, price not too bad

Cons:can find one that is really strange base (red that turns very orange for ex.), can get VERY soft in summer in your pocket, once in a very great while you can get a RANCID tube which you need to return and get another one (try it after you pay for it then y

I have stated in another opinion that I have a problem with my lips being dry and cracked. Lipstick has been a frustration for me. I had given up on wearing it without looking like and iguana shedding its skin (on my lips, of course <g>), when I found this product.

Now, I know that there are some of you out there that do not like the Cover Girl self renewing lip color. Yet, it is one of the few lip colors that I reach for when I want to complete my look.

Let me give you more of an insight as to why I have this opinion.

I change my look completely on a continuous basis. I may have flaming red hair one day, and be a cool platinum blond a week later. I take great pleasure in seeing if I can completely change my look so that it will look natural (to people that do not know my REAL hair color) and high quality. I do not want to look cheap or thrown together. I spent many years with low self esteem (see opinion called Elephant Woman becomes Princess for details), so I am very picky about what products I use to achieve the look I am going for.

There is a series of colors in the Cover Girl line of this lipstick that is invaluable for looking wonderful, yet fresh. You do need to reapply it, but the base of the formula is a wonderful staining formula, so if you can not reapply immediately, that is OK. You will look nice at the dinner table until you can visit the rest room to re-apply.

The colors that I am talking about are a range of pastels. I only have a few numbers to tell you about, but there are many more.

704 (sun kissed) is a pastel YELLOW. You might say YUCK, who wants yellow lips??? A person with golden brown, golden blonde, warm blonde, carrot red, dark brown roots with golden frost or tips lightened from the sun- the list goes on. You do not have to have very dark skin- I am fair to medium (summer) and it looks amazing in both skin tones.

This yellow has sort of a ,sigh, well, I hate to say it, but a California beach girl look to it. PLEASE do not get uptight about that. It actually looks very exciting in a classy sort of way depending on how you are dressed and your hair style.

When you have had it on a while, the base color stains to a beautiful peach. It looks great with vivid warm colors like cornflower blue,lime, clear turquoise, creamy yellow, creamy white, coral, peach- the list is long there too.

Then there is a color called 422 (blue parfait). It is turquoise pastel. Looks great on brown hair, blond, even some reds, if it is put together with the right makeup and clothing. The base color of that is a very nice pink- medium cool pink, I would say. This is one of the colors I wear most.

Another color I wear a lot is 421 (mint sorbet) that is a pastel green that has a wonderful peach-coral base. Warmer hair colors look better with it, but you can wear it with medium brown or cool blondes if you combine it with the right looking clothes (trial and error)

Another color I wear often is 419 (cosmic blue). That is more of a faded denim blue and goes well with many cool colors. The base color of that is a very pale pink.

I have a list of more colors that I love- one is a pastel taupe that has a wonderful peach base, (can not find the tube for number right now).

Another is a very beautiful gold (also stuck in my pocket somewhere). It is very shimmery and very GOLD metallic looking. That has a coral kind of base and looks fantastic with autumny colors and hair.

There are some colors in this series of lipsticks that I am not as fond of. For instance IN THE NUDE is a color that looks pretty neutral until you have it on for a while. Then it turns a bright orange pink.

The color MIDNIGHT ROSE is really great for a gothic sort of lip color. It is not good coverage though so you have to like more sheer lipstick to use it. I use it when I am trying to achieve a casual dark color lip, without the obnoxious staining and smearing that often happens with full coverage dark lipsticks. I can use this easily when I am not able to constantly check my lips for smearing or spottiness.

The formula is really nice. I do not have the problems with it that I have with many lipsticks, although at the end of the day (at least I get a day out of it) my lips will peel. But it is not too bad. It does keep my lips moist IF I REAPPLY often, which I do not mind doing with the pastel colors. You do not need a mirror absolutely in those colors, so that is nice.

All in all, I really love this lipstick line for its universal unique colors and the quality is good too.

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Vintage Wine 425 In Package

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Vintage Wine 425 In Package

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Color is Vintage Wine 425 Cover girl continuous color lipstick gives 2 benefits in 1 Hours of wear plus moisturec...

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 815 Espresso (rare) Free Shipping

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 815 Espresso (rare) Free Shipping

Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Double your traf...

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 030 It's Your Mauve

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 030 It's Your Mauve

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 030 It's Your Mauve All items ship within 24 hours Please email us with any questions!

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 590 Ruby Reflection - (free Shipping)

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 590 Ruby Reflection - (free Shipping)

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Sugar Almond 010 In Package

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Sugar Almond 010 In Package

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Color is Sugar Almond 010 Cover girl continuous color lipstick gives 2 benefits in 1 Hours of wear plus moisturec...

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 701 rosy Wine - Full Size Free Shipping

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 701 rosy Wine - Full Size Free Shipping

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick #701 Rosy Wine - (FREE SHIPPING) DON'T MISS OUT!!! THIS LIPSTICK IS UNBOXED... IT IS ALL YOURS IF YOU WANT IT... ...

Cover Girl Three Lipsticks Urban Dusk - X3 Continuous Color 116

Cover Girl Three Lipsticks Urban Dusk - X3 Continuous Color 116

COVER GIRL LIPSTICK This is for 3 - Cover Girl - Continuous Color Color: Urban Dusk All of my cover girl lipsticks are brand new.
Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Pink Chic 445

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick Pink Chic 445

bernstein2998 Store -This Item for Sale is a Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick .13oz The Color of this Continuous Color Lipstick is Pink Chic 445 T...

Covergirl Cover Girl 700 Mauve Moderne Continuous Color Lipstick Retired Color

Covergirl Cover Girl 700 Mauve Moderne Continuous Color Lipstick Retired Color

UP FOR AUCTION ARE 20 RETIRED COVERGIRL # 700 MAUVE MODERNE CONTINUOUS COLOR LIPSTICKS. THEY ARE BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING. THE PACKAGES MY BE A...

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 535 Valentine Rose Discontinued Free Ship

Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick 535 Valentine Rose Discontinued Free Ship

Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE! Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick #535 Valentine Rose Look gorgeous with the Contin...