CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara Reviews

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara Black

Jan 22, 2009 (Updated Jan 22, 2009)

Pros:Really gives you visibly thicker, longer lashes

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Really gives you visibly thicker, longer lashes

After hearing about the tube method of application I discussed mascaras with my grand daughter and she recommended trying the Cover Girl Lash Blast. It was $8.49 at CVS and I had one of those instant coupons that come on your sales slip so I saved a bit of cash on the purchase.

I have very short, straight, sparse lashes and had basically given up on getting them to show. Then after my grand daughter read my L'Oreal Mascara  review she emailed me with this recommendation and specific instructions on how to apply this to get thick looking glamour lashes.

Covergirl Lash Blast mascara comes in a hard to miss bright orange color. Right now at my local CVS, it has a special display of it's own.
The brush is big with orange bristles measuring almost an inch in length. This is the biggest brush ever from CoverGirl and the design is patent pending. It's designed to max out each and every lash. The bristles get smaller towards the end which I imagine prevents clumping as it would thin down the mascara as you sweep it on.

This is a rubbery bristle brush, with 50% more bristles than their Volume Exact Brush. This mascara is also available in Black, Black Brown, and Brown shades, as well as a waterproof . I opted for the regular formula in Black 805 but not waterproof. This removes with soap and water.  Mascara come in two groups water resistant  or waterproof and non water resistant.

The package claims that this product is volume explosive, volume blasting and ultra volume. It is hypo allergenic and can be used by contact lens wearers. Directions say to remove the cap, discard this and close with brush bearing cap. Close tightly.

I started out applying the mascara with a one dip into the tube. I dragged the brush out pulling againsts the edge of the tube to remove any globs of mascara.  I then wiggled it onto my lashes starting at the base and working out slowly with my head tilted way back. I let this dry and then applied a second coat. Then my grand daughter suggest repeating steps one and two about 3 to 4 times.

It's quite a process but worth the results. My lashes actually looked longer and thicker and they curled up! Amazing! My eyes were lashiliscious!  The application lasted all day with only minimal flaking which was nice. I wear contact lenses and tend to play around with my eyes quite a bit so I believe this is why I had some flaking.

I didn't think I'd be wearing the Lash Blast mascara every day but since I purchased it I have been using it regularly, it's that easy. I know I'll certainly use it for special occasions. For those times I will do the multiple applications according to my grand daughter's instructions. For every day I've just been doing one application. I have to add my grand daughter uses a spinning mascara first but said this wasn't a must do.Apply to the top  lashes only for a heavy lidded look or to the tops and bottom lashes for a wider eyed look. Apply your mascara to the top  lashes only for a heavy lidded look or to the tops and bottom lashes for a wider eyed look. For a doe eyed look apply to the outer upper lashes.

Some Mascara facts:Mascara was invented in the 1900's by a George Rimmel and in many countries rimmel means mascara. There is also the Italian "mashera" meaning to mask something. Mascara is meant  to thicken and darken lashes and used to come in a black cake form made from coal dust and Vaseline. Later it was made of Carnauba wax and a colorant. In the Roaring 20's women "beaded " their lashes putting little globs or beads of mascara on each lash.

Do not share mascara. Do not shake or pump. Pumping will pull bacteria into the tube. Change out your mascara every 6 months. Do not dilute. Do not use if you have an eye infection.

To sum up I have to say this Lash Blast formula worked miracles on my sparse little lashes. I highly recommend it.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Ammonium Acrylates, Co polymer,Disteardimonium,, Nectorite,Propylene Glycol,Stearic Acid,Coppernicia Cerifera,Carnauba Wax,Trethanonlamine,Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Ax,Polyvinyl Alcohol,Lecithin,Propylene,Carbonate,Propylparaben Methylparaben, Sodum Lauryl SUlfate, Trisodium EDTA,Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines
  Made in USA by Proctor & Gamble

101-4 of 4 best deals Page 1 2 3 4 5 6   << Previous Why are these stores listed?