-20%
Craftsman 160 Lumen Flashlight Reviews

Craftsman 160 Lumen Flashlight

+$6.95 shipping Sears

Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens

Jan 14, 2012 (Updated Jan 16, 2012)

Pros:Works great.

Cons:N/A.

The Bottom Line: Read and be informed.

I have been a fan of Craftsman tools, flashlights, and accessories for as long as I can remember.

What Does LED Stand Mean

LED is short for Light Emitting Diode.

Why This Craftsman LED Flashlight

I chose this Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight because I needed a flashlight that would light up dark objects from afar very brightly to be able to distinguish a harmless snake from a venomous snake was the primary reason.

Another reason for buying this Craftsman flashlight was the fact that I love the Craftsman brand as it is symbol of excellent quality and affordability.

This Craftsman LED Flashlight costs much less than any current anodized aluminum tactical flashlight made by Sure Fire with LED.

Power Souce

This Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens for me has a run time at worst of one hour and at best at nearly two hours. I would suggest using an Energizer Lithium E2 battery AAA instead of the OEM Diehard Alkaline Batteries.

Lighting Source

Craftsman 160 Lumen 6AAA LED Aluminum Flashlight utilizes a K2 Luxeon LED bulb for the lighting source and is very bright at 160 Lumens. Being that this Craftsman Flashlight has 160 Lumens you can easily shine well over one hundred yards on a night with a full moon. On a night with no moonlight you can shine several hundred yards or more easily but I have not been able test it beyond three hundred yards as I do not have the space to do such.

Color of the Light from the LED

The color of the light emitted from the LED is a true white.

About the Casing

The Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens is constructed with aerospace aircraft grade aluminum that has been anodized to prevent corrosion and maintain integrity.

About the Switch

This flashlight also features a rubberized push button switch which is rubberized and is supposed to be water proof or technically water resistant to a certain depth of water submersion. I do not know the depth at which it becomes no longer water resistant.

Warranty

It features the Craftsman Warranty of One Year as far as I could
understand from the legal lingo.

This Craftsman Flashlight features knurled grip to make it easier to grasp in your hands.

Durability

The Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens is highly durable since it is made out of aerospace grade aluminum that has been anodized to protect the metal from oxidization. I have dropped a multitude of times on concrete resulting in only minor scratches. When dropped on gravel no harm was done whatsoever.

Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price

The Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens has a MSRP of $39.99.

Sale Price

Sometimes the  Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens goes on sale for $34.99.

Country of Origin

The Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens is made in China.

Size

The Craftsman 160 Lumen 6AAA LED Aluminum Flashlight is slightly bulky but still small enough to fit into a loose fitting jeans pocket, but if you try to put in a tight fitting jeans pocket it takes time and effort to get it out. Ultimately you are better off putting it in a cargo pocket or a carpenters pocket.

Overall

The overall functionality of the Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens is excellent: as it is truly water resistant; switch works properly all the time; battery life is excellent given the brightness level of the LED; warranty is meager; the casing is excellent; the color of the LED is excellent; the distance of visibility of the light is excellent.

The quality overall is excellent.

Recommend

Yes, I do highly recommend this Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens. Five out of five stars or ten out of ten.

Final Thoughts

Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens is a wonderful flashlight that has grown on me the more I use it the more I like it. The performance you get compared to a Sure Fire Tactical Flashlight of equivalent quality and performance makes this a bargain priced flashlight. The Craftsman K2 Luxeon LED 6 AAA Flashlight with 160 Lumens at either the MSRP or Sale price this flashlight is a bargain for the quality you get for the money.