Crayola Crayons 64 Count Reviews

Crayola Crayons 64 Count

CRAYOLA 64 Crayons

Apr 22, 2007 (Updated Apr 23, 2007)

Pros:Lovely selection of colors well organized box

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: A wonderful item for crafts. Encourages imagination. Good packaging.

I can still remember the excitement of getting a new box of crayons when I was a kid. They lasted forever, I treasured them and took very good care of them. I never peeled extra paper off them. I loved to shave them and play with the savings though. To see the same brand, same crayons (barring all the new colors) played with by my grand kids is fun. Of course, my grand boys like to peel them,, break them and just toss whatever they don't use away. I try to show them the fun of the crayons and the wonderful things you can do with them. (Besides throwing them at your brother's head.)

I treasured my crayons. One box basically lasted me most of my childhood. Seriously. I considered them treaures.

Crayola crayons have been around since 1903 which started with 8 basic colors; black, blue, brown, orange, red, violet and yellow Binney and Smith began the crayola company with 8 colors and then advanced to 48 and then 64 and now there are over 120 colors. retired colors. Blizzard Blue, magic mint, mulberry and teal, had been voted out of the box on the 100th anniversary of Crayola. inchworm, jazzberry jam, mango tango, wild berry and wild blue yonder newer colors. There are 120 core Crayola crayon colors. But did you know that they've introduced more than 400 different crayon colors since 1903?Thistle was removed from the 120-count assortment to make room for indigo; torch red was renamed scarlet.

Another little factoid is that Crayola is a combination of words in French meaning Chalk and Oil.

The 64 count is the most POPULAR size box. This box of Crayola crayons come with divided sections. There are 4 packs of 16 in each section.The sections are stepped so the child can see all the crayons. You can also remove the sections while keeping that group of crayons together. A sharpener for the crayons is on the back of the box and it keeps the shavings inside the box .

Retired Colors as of 2003 were blizzard blue, magic mint, mulberry and teal blue.

New Colors: inchworm, jazzberry jam, mango tango, wild berry and wild blue yonder.

There are 7 basic color groups Pink,Green,Orange Brown Purple Grey and Blue :

Some of the colors are: red, brick red, wild strawberry, tickle me pink, violet red, salmon, carnation pink, red violet and magenta. piggy pink, purple pizzazz. shocking pink. wild watermelon pink flamingo, spring green, yellow, green yellow, Granny Smith apple, yellow green, sea green, green, olive green, asparagus and forest green. inch worm , granny smith apple , asparagus, gold, silver, white, black, gray and timberwolf,dandelion, goldenrod, macaroni and cheese, burnt orange, mahogany, bittersweet, melon, tan, raw sienna, scarlet, yellow orange, orange, red orange, apricot and peach. mango tango,outrageous orange, neon carrot, burnt sienna, chestnut, tumbleweed, brown and sepia. orchid, lavender,fuzzy wuzzy brown, beaver, violet (purple), plum, blue violet, orchid, lavender, purple mountain’s majesty, wisteria and mauvelous, jazzberry jam,purple heart, vivid violet, sky blue, robin’s egg blue, cerulean, pacific blue, periwinkle, turquoise blue, cadet blue, blue, indigo, cornflower and blue green, midnight blue, macaroni and Cheese, laser lemon, green yellow,unmellow yellow, banana mania,radical red ,Manatee. I never was able to find out who names the colors or how they come about. Who decides what catchy name each color should be. I also always wondered, even as a child why flesh was pink when I knew Asian children and Black children weren't pink. I believe they must have deleted "flesh" as a name .

A neat craft:
Cover a sheet of paper or cardboard with all the colors in crayola. Paint over this with India ink. You can now scratch off a design by scratching thru the India ink after it dries. The crayon underneath will show through.

Don't forget the traditional craft, melting crayon scraps between was paper sheets (adult supervision needed). Makes nice placemats, ornaments, suncatchers.

Among the many products Crayola also makes are glow magic crayons, power brush crayons, gliter crayons, fabric crayons, twistable crayons, washable watercolor crayons, colored pencils paints modeling clay and did you know they make Silly Putty?

GO to the www.crayola.com site for the coloring page of the day and great craft ideas.

Type of Toy: Arts and Crafts
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

Crayola Crayon Classpack - 64 Colors

Crayola Crayon Classpack - 64 Colors

Find drawing and coloring tools at Target.com! Crayola crayons are synonymous with vibrant color, performance and strength. Now the legendary crayola ...

Crayola Crayons With Built-in Sharpener Select 96 Or 64 Count Box

Crayola Crayons With Built-in Sharpener Select 96 Or 64 Count Box

injoyrubberstamps Store Crayola Crayons with Built-in Sharpener Select 96 or 64 Count Box Search This item is for one box of Crayola crayons. Select f...

Crayola Crayons 16 Count The Lighter Side Colors Free Shipping

Crayola Crayons 16 Count The Lighter Side Colors Free Shipping

You are looking at a Crayola Crayons The Lighter Side Calm Colors for Serene scene Sketches! (16 Colors) Shipping is Free!

Crayola Crayon and Marker Classpack - 256 Count

Crayola Crayon and Marker Classpack - 256 Count

Find drawing and coloring tools at Target.com! Crayola markers and crayons are synonymous with vibrant color, performance and versatility. Now the leg...

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Super Hues Colors Free Shipping

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Super Hues Colors Free Shipping

You are looking at a Crayola Crayons Super Hues (16 Super Hue Colors) Shipping is Free!

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Royal Shades Colors Free Shipping

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Royal Shades Colors Free Shipping

You are looking at a Crayola Crayons Royal Shades (16 Majestic shades for Princess Picassos!) Shipping is Free!

Set 2 Crayola Twistable Crayons Rainbow Plastic 24 Count No Sharpening Art Craft Crayola Twistables Crayons No Sharpening Just twist up the fun!24 Min...

Crayola Crayon Classpack Regular Size - 800 Count

Crayola Crayon Classpack Regular Size - 800 Count

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Blazing Brights Colors Free Shipping

Crayola Crayons 16 Count Blazing Brights Colors Free Shipping

You are looking at a Crayola Crayons Blazing Brights(16 Blazing Bright Colors) Shipping is Free!

Crayola Original Crayons, 120ct

Crayola Original Crayons, 120ct

Kids can color any kind of picture they want with Crayola 120-Count Original Crayons. This classic box of coloring tools is sure to delight children, ...