Creative GigaWorks T20 Computer Speakers Reviews

Creative GigaWorks T20 Computer Speakers

Big Performer in a Small Package

Apr 18, 2008 (Updated Apr 19, 2008)

Pros:Small size, great sound and cloth speaker material not paper.

Cons:Power light is way too bright.

The Bottom Line: Get these if you need space on your desk and don't want to mess with sub-woofer setups. If you are a bass freak then you will probably not be happy.

I decided to get these speakers as I decreased my available desktop space and needed to get into something more simple than my 7.1 setup.

These little speakers have great sound and surprising bass for the size of the speaker and cabinet. Now while they cannot compete (in the base department) with speaker systems that have a sub-woofer, I am very impressed with what they do deliver. The mids and highs are great and clear and the bass (for my purposes) is perfect. If you want something that vibrates the entire room or booms like a "need for speed" car then you won't be happy. But for most everything I listen to, these offer great sound with minimal desktop real estate being taken up.

I use these speakers with a Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer soundcard and they sound great but they sounded great with onboard audio, too. Although my onboard audio has an Azalia HD chip so your mileage could vary if you're using onboard audio.

As others have stated, the blue power light on the right speaker is blindingly bright! Not sure why Creative would use such a bright bulb but I put a little Silly Putty on it to block the beam :)

What do I use these speakers for? Gaming on Call of Duty 4 and Crysis...very happy with their performance. And I listen to everything from Jazz (Acoustic Alchemy) to Alt Rock (Breaking Benjamin) although I don't listen to hip hop and rap so I can't offer an opinion on how they perform with that particular genre of music. For my musical tastes, these speakers work fantastically.

The GigaWorks T20 Series II propels audio enjoyment to a level of acoustic fidelity - over its award-winning predecessor, the GigaWorks T20. This two-...
creative Takes Speaker Design A Step Further With The Gigaworks T20 Series Ii. Based On Its Award-winning Predecessor, This New Two-piece System, With...