A.T. Cross Classic Century Pen & Pencil Reviews

A.T. Cross Classic Century Pen & Pencil

+$6.85 shipping OfficeSuperSavers
Free Shipping Wayfair Supply

~~ Classy and Classic: The Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen ~~

Nov 19, 2005 (Updated Nov 19, 2005)

Pros:Sleek, stylish, smooth writing, lifetime warranty

Cons:Writing fatigue due to slim pen

The Bottom Line: The Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen is a classic style pen whose sleek style will endure. It is classy but is not designed for long term writing.

Being a writing instrument fanatic, I have always appreciated the quality of Cross pens.

The Product
The Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen is available at Cross.com and also at office supply stores such as Office Depot. It retails for approximately $75 for the 14 karat gold filled pen.

The Classic Century Ballpoint Pen is also available in 18k and 10k gold.

My Experience
The Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen is, as the name states, a classic. When I think of Cross pens, the Class Century Ballpoint Pen is the first pen style that comes to my mind.

The barrel and cap are a stunning “soft rose-gold” color. There are thin vertical lines that run through the body of the pen. I find that the pen does require some polishing occasionally to maintain the sleek, shiny gold color. A simple twist of the cap over the barrel will reveal the pen tip. The ink flows smoothly and I have not experienced any problems with ink spots or smudges.

Though I love my Classic Century Pen, I find that it is not a practical pen to use if I am doing a lot of writing because of its thinness. I tend to use a strong grip when writing and find that my hand fatigues fairly quickly when using the slim Classic Century Pen. Because it does not have the ergonomic grip cushion, it won’t work for long term writing.

The lifetime warranty with Cross pens is wonderful. Recently I had a problem with my Classic Century Pen, after using it for almost ten years. I had a problem with the twisting the cap over the barrel. The pen tip would not come out. I e-mailed Cross and they were very courteous and had easy instructions regarding repair. I sent my pen in for repair and received it back in only a few weeks time, polished and functional once again. I sent in $7 with my pen for shipping/return postage but the repairs were free. I also love that the pen can be engraved. I have given the Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen as a present with the pen personalized as graduation gifts.

Overall Thoughts