-48%

Cuisinart DCC-1200BW 12 Cups Coffee Maker - Matte Black Metal

Free Shipping Wayfair

It's nothing special

Dec 25, 2011

Pros:It looks nice in the stainless steel
It brews quieter than others
It makes 12 cups

Cons:The clock is difficult to read
The resevoir opening is thin
The lid wouldn't close

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend this coffee maker unless you can find it for a decent price.  It certainly is not worth the money I paid for it.

I've had this coffee maker for a couple years now and it just recently quit working.  When I went to get it ready for breakfast I filled it up with water, added the filter and coffee grounds, turned it on to brew and nothing happened.  No lights, no time on the clock, it was dead.  Clearly it wasn't getting any power to it so I tried it on different plugs in the kitchen but still nothing.  What a disappointment.  Luckily I had an old Mr. Coffee maker in the garage, so at least I was prepared.

I spent over $100 for this Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12-cup Coffee Maker thinking that instead of buying cheap ones and replacing them every couple of years that I'll get an expensive one that would last a really long time.  But to no avail.  This turned out to be no different than any other coffee maker on the market.

In particular, the clock is very difficult to read, it would have been better if it were larger and backlit.  The resevoir has a slim opening and it's difficult to pour the water in without spilling it.  After a couple of years I noticed that the lid on top wouldn't close all the way.  I never could get it to seat properly.  But that never affected the coffee maker itself.  It always brewed regardlesss of the lid.

Bottom line is that I was not impressed with the Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cups Coffee Maker.  Back to the cheaper machines for me.

Color: Matte Black Metals Cuisinart DCC-1200 Introducing an evolutionary new look in Coffee Makers. The Brew Central Coffee Maker makes a bold statem...
Wayfair