-57%

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping eBay Deals

Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder

Feb 24, 2008

Pros:Lives up to all it's claims.

Cons:None that I can find.

The Bottom Line: A great affordable coffee grinder.

It seems in the last few months, everything in my house has decided to die. You go to use one of your small appliances and it no longer wants to work and that leaves you having to look for a replacement. If you live in an area that is like where I live, you won't readily find it in a store, you have to hunt online.

My coffee grinder is one of those small appliances that said, forget it, I'm not going to work any longer, you can just toss me in the trash.

A coffee grinder isn't something I use daily, but a couple of times a week when I want to treat my husband and I to a cup of great coffee where the flavor is fresh and hasn't had time to oxidize.

I chose the Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder for a couple of reasons. 1. I like Cuisinart products, they are a little more expensive, but they do last for a very long time so replacing the product isn't a yearly thing. 2. The Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder is a burr grinder and I prefer that over a blade grinder. With a burr grinder, you get the rich oils and the perfect grind every time and the oils add to the flavor, not distract. You don't come up with a brown, watery mess.

The styling of the Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder is so up to date with a stainless steel housing. The hopper is a clear acrylic where you can see the beans and a black acrylic lid so that the beans don't fly out when you turn it on. It holds 8 ounces of beans.

The Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder has and 18 position grinder from very course to very, very fine grind. You are now able to grind any coffee into french press, drip, espresso and so forth. This is a wonderful feature and the grind is even. You won't see huge hunks of beans in the coffee along with very fine ground beans. You just, gently, twist the hopper to the grind that you want. Really easy.

Just below that there is a separate switch that lets you set the amount of cups. You just slide the switch. It goes from four cups to 18 cups.

Just press the bar below that and the Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder starts grinding the coffee and automatically cuts itself off when the proper amount of coffee has been ground. No measuring.

The bin that collects the coffee is a clear acrylic with a lid. It slides in and out and has to be all the way in. You will know this when you hear the click. If this isn't all the way in, it won't work. So check that first if you have any problems.

I love my new Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder. Its easy to use and easy to clean. It come apart and can be cleaned on the top shelf of the dishwasher, but I had to tell my husband that hand wash only or he would put it on the bottom shelf and it would melt. The exterior wipes clean with a damp cloth and there is a cord storage area so that you can either put it in a cabinet or leave on the counter. Either way, the cord will not be in the way.

To date, the Cuisinart DBM-8 Electric Burr Grinder is by far the best affordable grinder I have found and it makes excellent coffee.

eBay Deals

Listing Payment Shipping Handling Returns Exchanges Store Contact Payment We want to ensure that all of our buyers are offered all the benefits that e...
ONE STOP SHOPPING We are dedicated to making you happy with your purchase. We offer Free shipping on all our items. Recieve items in 1 to 5 business d...
Cuisinart Automatic Supreme Burr Mill Coffee Grinder (C) #842249 Discover the extra rich flavor of coffee made from freshly ground beans! The elegant ...
From fresh beans to ready-to-brew in the blink of an eye. This Cuisinart coffee grinder provides extracts amazing flavor from your favorite beans, let...
Macys.com