-25%
Cuisinart CSB-77 SmartStick Blender Reviews

Cuisinart CSB-77 SmartStick Blender

+$9.50 shipping Belk

Sorry Oster Jar Blender, I have the Cuisinart SmartStick now!

Feb 2, 2009

Pros:very easy to use, attachments are dishwasher safe, doesn't take up much cabinet real estate

Cons:a bit expensive

The Bottom Line:

As time goes by, I appreciate the Cuisinart SmartStick Handheld Blender more and more.  I'm going to say that this is probably my favorite appliance purchase of the past year.

After reading about a recipe involving butternut squash, apples, and pears, I decided that I wanted to get a stick blender so I could make it myself. Time passed and I used the squash and fruit for other things. My husband remembered the comment, though, and bought me the Cuisinart CSB-77 SmartStick Handheld Bender as part of my Christmas present. Some women might be offended by that but I was thrilled!

About This Product

This product is an immersion blender that you can use to make smoothies, batters, scrambled eggs, sauces, soups, flavored mayonnaise, mashed potatoes, etc. You can blend, whisk, or whip ingredients directly in a bowl, glass, or pot which reduces the amount of washing. It is a helpful appliance to have because it allows you to blend things easily without dragging out the big old glass-jar blender.

The Cuisinart Smart Stick comes with three attachments: the blender, a whisk, and a chopping bowl. You simply connect the desired attachment and then press the one-speed button to blend, whisk, or chop your ingredients. The attachments are dishwasher-safe, but the top half of the blender cannot be placed in water and must be carefully wiped with a damp cloth.

My Experience

It is very easy to use the Cuisinart SmartStick Handheld Blender. I managed to get it going without even consulting the owner's manual. The whole thing is simple: just put the blender or whisk in the ingredients and then press the power button. The blender was very useful in making cilantro-lime mayonnaise, mashed cauliflower, and mashed sweet potatoes. I've used the whisk to scramble eggs, prepare crepe batter, and make a Bernaise sauce. I've had great results in all of those cooking experiences. I must admit that I haven't tried the chopping attachment as we have a hand-held KitchenAid chopper and also the Cuisinart Mini Chopper. It is so much easier to use this SmartStick Blender than dealing with our large Oster jar blender.

When I hand-mashed boiled cauliflower and was disappointed with the results, I wanted to throw it away… then I remembered that I had this little darling. I used the blender attachment for a minute and the cauliflower was as light/fluffy as whipped mashed potatoes. Frankly, I never would have bothered trying to fix the whole disaster if I had to dig the big blender out of the cabinet.

Cost and Availability

My husband paid $70 for the Cuisinart CSB-77 SmartStick Handheld Blender. It is pricey, but it is Cuisinart, a stainless-steel product, and has multiple attachments. Cuisinart products are sold at Bed, Bath, Beyond, Crate&Barrel, Kohl's, Macy's, Boscovs, Amazon.com, Blomingdales, and Williams-Sonoma shops and via online sites. My husband bought my present at Kohl's on Christmas Eve.

Overall Opinion

I have been very happy with my Cuisinart SmartStick Blender. I use it more often than a regular blender which translates into better sauces, soups, and meals. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and extremely helpful. I love this thing!

Cuisinart Smart Stick CSB-77 New With Box (box was opened and is a little bit scuffed, but blender was never used)200 Watts Blender Includes Whisk Ble...

Cuisinart SmartStick Hand Blender CSB77. Cuisinart makes it quick, clean, and easy to blend, prep and whip a variety of ingredients. Our SmartStick Ha...
Belk
Cuisinart makes it quick, clean and easy to blend, prep and whip a variety of ingredients. The SmartStick Hand Blender includes Whisk and Chopper atta...
A superfast, handy alternative to a food processor, this hand blender blends, preps and whips right in the bowl, pitcher or pot, eliminating the need ...