Cuisinart CSB-77 SmartStick Blender Reviews

stripped gears in 6 months

Apr 8, 2010
Rated Show
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:very powerful, blends huge quantities fast.

Cons:breaks too soon

I thought this was great the first half year I owned it. I used it for lots of pureed soups - 3 quarts at a time. It was wonderful not to have to spoon things into the blender jar, then pour into a temporary holding container, spoon more soup into the blender jar, etc.  All I needed was the Smartstick in the soup pot. It worked great on all kinds of things. Then, after about 6-8 months, the gears stripped. The motor still turns, but the it has no connection with the attachment, so the blades won't turn unless they are in air - even water is too hard, it sits still. I thought it was the attachment, but it is on the motor unit side, the chopping jar won't work either. So I am going to have to replace the whole thing. We also stripped the gears on the Cuisnart bread machine in <2 years, and the Cuisinart blender (counter style) didn't last as long as it should either.

Our SmartStick Hand Blender includes Whisk and Chopper attachments to extend this blender's performance. Blends or whips right in the bowl, pitcher or...

Brushed stainless steel housing. Powerful 200 watt motor. Push button control for continuous or pulse action.
Lowe's
Lowe's
Cuisinart makes it quick, clean and easy to blend, prep and whip a variety of ingredients. The SmartStick Hand Blender includes Whisk and Chopper atta...