Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 11 Cups Food Processor Reviews

+$10.28 shipping Walmart.com
+$14.72 shipping QVC

Be Careful with all that Power

Apr 24, 2001

Pros:Very Powerful - great for bread dough

Cons:Easy to over process some foods, made in China, Serrated blade is very sharp

The Bottom Line: Buy it if you need a lot of power. A smaller processor may be all that you need unless you make bread.

Cuisinart is the original manufacturer of food processors. They make an excellent machine.

Food processors can be useful for a wide variety of cooking tasks. However, keep in mind that it is sometimes quicker to chop vegetables using a knife and cutting board considering the set up and clean up.

The Cuisinart is:
Great for bread dough.
Bad for chopping vegetables using serated knife.

Clean up -
Can be placed in the dishwasher.
The blade is very sharp. It is very easy to knick fingers. You should be very careful if you are using it around children, hemophiliacs, or elderly patients on blood thinners.

I have noticed that I have to be very careful in processing certain foods - vegetables, meats, etc. Overprocessing of foods with a food processor can destroy the texture. For example, I used the food processor to chop an onion. This was a big mistake. Even though I quartered the onion and pulsed the machine, I produced a lot of liquid. As a result, the onion was kind of mushy. A friend used the food processor to make homemade raviolis. The filling was made with chicken, cheeses, vegetables and other seasonings. She processed the filling in the food processor. I think the filling lost much of the texture and made most of the flavors blend together.

In summary, the Cuisinart is a fabulous machine. However, be careful about what you use it for. It is very powerful and can quickly chop and liquify. A couple pulses of the motor is usually all that it takes to process a food. If you process vegetables, you may need to drain the results before mixing the food items.

Leave it to the leader to bring food processor technology to new heights! From the Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 Food Processor's exclusive cover with large...
Cuisinart DLC-8S Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor, White Product Details Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 7 x 14.5 inches ; 16.9 pounds Shipping Weight: 17....

Beyond slicing and dicing. With three stainless steel discs ready to chop and shred your ingredients, this 11-cup food processor makes dinner prep a s...
QVC
Effortlessly minces garlic as easily as it kneads 3 lbs of dough. Includes 11-cup Lexan work bowl, and large and small feed tubes for all sizes of fru...