Cuisinart EM-100 2 Cups Espresso Machine Reviews

Cuisinart EM-100 2 Cups Espresso Machine

Free Shipping Chefs Resource

It's going back

Jan 21, 2009

Pros:It looks nice and matches our Cuisinart (drip) coffee maker.

Cons:The results were:
The coffee was weak.
The coffee was lukewarm.
The machine produced no foam.

The Bottom Line: I will give this product the benefit of the doubt and assume that we purchased a defective product.

After reading all the glowing reports on the Cuisinart EM-100 we practically ran to the local store when it offered a special on this espresso maker. We could not wait to try out our Cuisinart. We had owned a Moulinex cappuchino maker since 1993 and knew the foaming techniques.
We held our breath, turned it on..... WOW!  in about 5 seconds the heating light went off, indicating it had reached the right temperature.
Good start. But just to make sure we waited an extra minute.
We put two cups under the twin spouts and turned the knob to "pour".
We watched reasonably dark coffee come out of the left spout and almost white water-like liquid pouring from the other spout.
That was a disappointment #1.
Then we started frothing,  but there was so little pressure that it barely made some (large) bubbles, certainly nothing like the creamy-like foam described in the reviews.
That was disappointment #2.
After combining coffee and milk  we decided that we'd close our eyes, imagine the foam and simply judge the taste. It was just past lukewarm.
That was disappointment # 3.
We tried many more times, asked others to try our machine and the results were consistent: three disappointments.

The Cuisinart EM-100  is going back.
Oh NO!!! We've thrown the box out. Now we probably cannot even return it. We are sooooo disappointed!

Cuisinart Stainless Steel 15 Bar Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Maker Machine EM-100, Refurbished
The Cuisinart Espresso Maker EM-100 espresso maker has a nice clean look and delivers quality results. Makes great espresso, cappuccino or lattes in y...
Chefs Resource
etronicspro Store Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Maker Catalog #: CUIEM100 MFG Part #: EM-100 Do caf your way. This compact, 15-bar espresso and cappuccino...
When you like your coffee straight up, then the Cuisinart EM-100 Stainless Steel Espresso Machine is the espresso machine for you. It can make 2 cups ...
Make espresso with the CuisinartA Espresso Maker in your own kitchen, then use the stainless steam nozzle and frothing cup to turn it into cappuccino ...
h.h. gregg