Cuisinart Single Serve SS-700 12 Cups Coffee Maker - Silver Reviews

Cuisinart Single Serve SS-700 12 Cups Coffee Maker - Silver

Free Shipping Newegg.com

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG???!!!!

Mar 15, 2011 (Updated Mar 16, 2011)

Pros:NICE LOOKING & MAKES A PERFECT CUP OF COFFEE EVERY TIME!

Cons:PRICEY.  WAIT FOR SALE OR BUY ONLINE.

The Bottom Line: Perfect coffee.  Great features.  Brews coffee, tea and has hot water feature for cocoa/soup.  Comes with My K-CUP for your own ground coffee/tea.

WHY I WAITED....
I didn't want to jump into the whole single serve K-cup brewing system as I had tried the Senseo Pod single serve brewer and hated it.  There were too many pieces to take apart and clean in my opinion, and the coffee choices were limited.

I had also seen Keurig's brewers for their K-cups and thought they looked a bit ugly!  I also thought the price of the K-cups were a pricey and I was afraid they wouldn't have as many choices

However, I was getting tired of the daily pain of preparing coffee the old fashioned way.   Many times I skipped my much needed coffee as I just didn't have time.  So although I was making my own coffee for less, it really wasn't cost effective as I dumped much of what I couldn't drink out.  (Most typical brewers require a 4-cup minimum).   And how do you put a price on time wasted going through all that trouble then having to clean up afterward?

WHY I TOOK THE PLUNGE...
My friend always had a fresh cup of coffee, and when I went to her house she showed me why.  KEURIG and their K-cups brew technology!  She had a Keurig brewer and I was impressed how quickly it worked.  And effortlessly.  But as I said before, I wasn't thrilled with the aesthetics of the machine.  I know, it's so nitpicky but this thing is going to be sitting on my counter in full view every day.

One day while in Macy's department store I noticed a really nice looking coffee maker. Something deserving enough to be on my countertop..The Rolls Royce of machines:  The Cuisinart SS-700 5-cup coffee maker!  I was so excited when I saw KEURIG'S logo on the machine.  Yay!  Best of both worlds:  A Keurig dressed in a sexy Cuisinart facade!     And it was on SALE for the lowest price ever...and I had a gift card...it was a sign.

So I bought it!  I also purchased the carousel for the K-cups (which I highly recommended for easy visual access) and a variety pack of Keurig K-cups.  This is a pretty decent sized machine.  But I have plenty of room and the perfect place for it.  I was a bit overwhelmed at first getting it all set up, but soon was up and running.

MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE!....
You need to do the typical washing, rinsing of the water reservoir and brewing the first batch of water to clean out the system from the factory.  Also impressive is that the water reservoir has its own carbon filter to give you the best tasting coffee possible.  You need to soak and rinse the filter also and give the unit some time to heat up.  Then you're all set to go.

I was so excited to pop my first K-cup into the unit as I hadn't had my daily coffee yet.  I chose Caribou.  It did not disappoint.  It was PERFECT.  As I like my coffee a bit strong, I pushed the 6 ounce setting (vs. the 8).  Either choice leaves plenty of room for cream.  No mess to clean, just removed the K-cup and tossed it.  No pot to clean, filters to rinse...Why didn't I get one of these sooner?  So easy to use, my 7-year old begs to make us coffee.  It's fun for him and so simple.  He makes a perfect cup, and does cocoa for himself with the hot water feature.

FEATURES:
*The water reservoir is generously sized and will blink and give you a message when it needs to be filled.

*You can program the unit to turn on/off at a specific time.  (This feature alone saved me money over my old Bunn brewer as it had to be on 24/7.)  Or you can manually turn it on and have it shut-off at a given time.

*Dispenses plain hot water for cocoa and soups.

*Can adjust the size and temp of the cup of coffee you are brewing.

*Comes with an easy to use MY K-CUP ADAPTER so you can brew your own ground coffee or tea.  Has a storage area on the side of the machine to hold it.

*K-cups come in a huge variety!   Coffee, Tea, Cocoa and when on sale can get a good price.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE...SO GET IT NOW!
My only regret is that I waited.  My excuses for doing so weren't really valid as this machine has saved me money.  I don't throw out excess coffee anymore, or keep the unit running night/day like my old one.  And really, we only live once so how can you put a price on the time saved using the single serve K-cup system?

It's also great that each person can choose their own flavor, strength etc and the water heats up so fast, no one waits long if I'm having a party.  People love to choose their own flavor of coffee off the carousel accessory I also purchased.  The Cuisinart is not only stylish, it's a cinch to clean. I just use the ‘rinse' cycle every time I refill the reservoir and wipe with a little glass cleaner and a cloth on the outside.   I really think this is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

**The warranty is 3 years**  If you use an American Express card it will extend the warranty to 4 years!

Prepare 5 cups of coffee at once, with the Cuisinart SS-700 coffee maker. Enjoy a hot cup of cocoa at night with this Cuisinart Coffee Maker that is c...

Type Coffee Pod Machines Capacity 1 cup Programmable Yes Automatic Shut-Off Yes Built-in Grinder Yes Features Hot Water Button lets consumers enjoy th...
Newegg.com