Cuisinart TOB-155 1500 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

Cuisinart TOB-155 1500 Watts Toaster Oven

The (Almost) Perfect Oven Kitchen Utility

Feb 6, 2013 (Updated Feb 6, 2013)

Pros:Large; easy to learn controls; fast heating.

Cons:Digital readout is too dim.

The Bottom Line: The Cuisinart TOB-155 may just be the perfect kitchen cooking companion.

The need for a toaster in most kitchens is self explanatory; the need for a toaster oven is a bit more complicated.  Over the years I have own a three toaster ovens, I like to have them around to of course toast bread, English muffins and bagels.  There are times however, when what I want to do is cook a meal for two; a couple of chicken breasts or thighs, a few pieces of fish, or perhaps re-warm a slice or three of pizza.  These are times when I do not want to fire up the large capacity gas oven, and nothing cooks better then a toaster oven.

So when we moved into our new home, with it stainless steel appliances, I decided it was time to replace our now 10-year-old toaster oven with a newer model. I eventually decided on the Cuisinart TOB-155 1500 Watts Toaster Oven.

The Product

The Cuisinart TOB-155 is a large toaster oven and takes up a lot of counter space, which is okay, because we planned for its placement.  The Cuisinart TOB-155s’ large size makes the unit big enough to swallow six slices of toast, waffles, and or three (sliced) bagels, with ease.  The oven ships with a small shallow removable backing pan upon which can be used to cook fish sticks, chicken, and other items.

And contrary to most convention toaster oven layouts with their rotary dials, Cuisinart went digital with TOB-155 and incorporated push-button controls and a digital somewhat dim readout.  On the front of the unit, underneath the oven door, there is a wealth of buttons for controlling your cooking and or toasting experience.  For conventional cooking you can manually set the NB-G100P’s temperature at between 150 and 500 degrees of near instantaneous heat.

Use

I primarily use the NB-G100P for toasting bread and bagels, and for re-heating rolls and pizza.  And increasingly I use it for cooking more and more complicate meal, and the unit has yet to let me down, so I feel confident that I can handle anything I throw at it, including bacon, and even cookies perhaps.   The oven is also good for cook hot pockets and other food of that nature, and for cooking frozen fries and tater tots.

Conclusion

After using the Cuisinart TOB-155 for two months I would have to say that I am very happy with the unit.  I have occasion to use the unit frequently to toast all matter of breads, and cook every day food items that might otherwise be done up in my GE gas range.   The unit is attractive, easy to use and easy to clean.  If you want an above average replacement of that old marginal toaster, the Cuisinart TOB-155 may just be the perfect kitchen cooking companion.

*This review is part of the February Lean & Mean Write-Off

Cuisinart TOB 155 TOB 195 Toaster Oven Replacement Broiler Pan TOB-BP1 Product Description Includes one genuine Cuisinart toaster oven broiler pan Fit...